VSC light flashed then dead throttle (BM3 custom tune)

Tony11011

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A 90 Supra, SR20 Datsun 1200 Ute
Hi Guys,

Actually tried to do a 0-100 run with VSC on for the first time, running 93 octane. Took off in second gear, spun all through second gear changed into 3rd like VSC was off completely even though it was on. Then all of a sudden no throttle at all. would press the throttle change gears ect and nothing happened at all. To get the throttle back had to park the car and turn it off and turn it back on and car worked normally. I have been able to replicate this pretty often now, its not throwing any codes or faults in the I drive

This seems to only happen when VSC is on and the car looses traction for a couple of seconds.

Previously if VSC kicked on in second gear it would spin for a second or so then it would sort of get it back in line. now it seems to just spin.

To be honest ive never really kept the boot in while VSC has been on if it starts to slip for a second i will back off so this is the first time i have ever noticed this. If i want to play silly buggers will have VSC in sport or off completely.

One thing to mention i have changed rims from the standard 19 inch to 20 inch. The tires im running are as follows not sure if that could be the cause.

Fronts 275/30/20
Rears 305/30/20

I feel like i may be having the same issue as the post below.

As always any help is appreciated. Also here's my new wheels

Thanks

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/complete-loss-of-throttle.13958/page-2

wheels.jpg
Sponsored