New Tires Causing VSC Issue

TexasSupraGoy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Premium
I changed from stock PSS rears to ps4s, the new ps4s are 285s. Supra tech at dealership thinks it’s the speed sensors not matching with new tires. I’ve been fighting the swaying/floating feelings for a month now. I took a highway turn at 80 today and my TC kicked in 6 times during the turn. My car won’t stay straight and is all over the place. I got alignment and still have the issue. I find it hard to believe it’s different tread causing the issue. Seeing how a lot of people run slicks in the rear without them in front
Sponsored

BigRon

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MK5 A90
The PS4S is a much softer tire than the PSS.
There is a tread wear rating on them.

For me the car felt wobbly on the back tires when accelerating when I first switched to them.

I went from stock 29psi (2,2bar) to something between 34 to 36 (2,4-2,5bar) don’t remember exactly and that fixed it for me.
At the moment I’m around 32-33 I think and it’s maybe already a bit too low.
Can be related to the differential too.

When switching lanes you are running over the road markers.

TexasSupraGoy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Premium
Are you running ps4s all on 4 wheels? I’m currently in between 34-36 psi on my rears.

The issue started when I put on the new tires. I have to assume I need to either change my fronts to ps4s or I need to put PSS back on the rear. Seems like I made a $900 mistake getting the ps4s unfortunately.

I think il get some PSS and get another alignment. Then see what happens.

Supra tech at my dealership said it was because they are 285 not 275 but I know a lot of usare running bigger then 275 with no issue.
Sponsored