Complete loss of throttle

SavageGTR34

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
interesting which model year you got? Is it tuned? Mods?
21 3.0 full AWE res exhaust, catless DP, charge pipe, cold air intake, various suspension supports. Also have bootmod and MHD. I’ve had the same issue happen with either tuning software. Hopefully one of them or possibly BimmerCode might come out with the ability to leave them all off.
Sponsored

Xannyy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
Idk if this helps at all comparing apples to oranges but I’m a truck driver and literally my truck has been doing the exact same thing this might not even be related maybe it is, but I get dead peddle no throttle , everything still on but as I pull over it shuts off no turning of key or anything and as someone said it’s putting my truck your car into a safety mode , the issue with my truck had to do with a slight coolant leak or broken coolant sensor all temps were fine but truck computer thinks reservoir is empty so it shuts off n when I turned it back on works perfect for a little while , obviously these vehicles aren’t related but the symptoms n outcomes are, I apologize if this sounds dumb but reading ur post was identical to my week of problems. Figured ide throw out a cause of this bc that’s what my mechanic said hope this helps or might not even be close but

OP
OP

KAREEMMK5

First Name
Kareem
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
mk5
21 3.0 full AWE res exhaust, catless DP, charge pipe, cold air intake, various suspension supports. Also have bootmod and MHD. I’ve had the same issue happen with either tuning software. Hopefully one of them or possibly BimmerCode might come out with the ability to leave them all off.
leaving the TC off with all that torque is dangerous

kanaka

First Name
Jamison
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1998 JZA80
I've seen this happen before in our supras. It's def limp mode. Although sometimes limp mode will simply put your car in low boost and it will be slow as hell, there's also a limp mode that cuts out 95-99% throttle response. Lots of old BMWs did this as well. Makes me believe its something more electrical related or conflicting ECU commands possibly something on BM3 tune

You may have some codes along the lines of "Throttle Value Adaptations not met", "Signal Pedal Travel Sensor", "Throttle Position Sensor" could be a glitch in your tune. Try re-flashing again

kontra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tungsten Silver GR Supra
I've had this same issue in the past, quick flash of the traction control followed by 0 power. No drivetrain malfunction or any error messages show up. Power cycle fixes the issue. I thought bm3 put out a fix for this?? releasing or raising the torque limiter that causes this? Seems to be transmission/diff related, trying to protect itself. I remember reading a note about it in one of their updates.

Running with TC off was the only work around, obviously not ideal.. have recently switched to ecutek waiting to get tuned again.

SupraBC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 2.0
I've seen this happen before in our supras. It's def limp mode. Although sometimes limp mode will simply put your car in low boost and it will be slow as hell, there's also a limp mode that cuts out 95-99% throttle response. Lots of old BMWs did this as well.
This is exactly what happened to me a couple of times this Sunday towards the very end a long day of hard driving on canyon roads. '21 2.0 completely stock (B48).
I had read something about this on Supras before after prolonged driving so it also sounds to me like some kind of fail safe programmed into the car.
Sponsored