Drivetrain, Loss of Power, and Whining sound

tatelem20

First Name
Tate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Gr Supra 3.0 Premium
The last 2 weeks I kept losing power randomly sometimes occumpanied by this drivetrain message and sometimes without it. I took it in to my dealer Friday and after it being there all day they basically just said their best bet is it needs new spark plugs (which I did at 39500ish and now I’m currently at 59900) and I needed the newest software update which I was several versions behind. After I picked it up Saturday I noticed a whine I’d never noticed before when I let off throttle and thought it might’ve been due to the update for whatever reason, but this morning on the way to work it just got louder and louder and happened when I was getting on and letting off the throttle and started cutting power every time it whined until it popped the drivetrain notification again and had loss of power consistently. I just messaged the Supra tech about it but I wanted to see if anyone else knew what could be the issue.

IMG_9792.jpeg
Sponsored

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
Rear differential fluid low? That would match the symptoms in my book. If that's true, and the noise is getting louder...it might be really bad news..

OP
OP
tatelem20

tatelem20

First Name
Tate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
What's the code say?
It goes away once I park and isn’t consistent so when I tried scanning it I didn’t get anything useful, plus the dealer never gave me any codes when they had it

OP
OP
tatelem20

tatelem20

First Name
Tate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rear differential fluid low? That would match the symptoms in my book. If that's true, and the noise is getting louder...it might be really bad news..
I was wondering this but it sounds like it comes from the front not rear, and assume with all the tech there would be a way to tell if it was low. I’m hoping when I bring it back today they can figure something out.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
It goes away once I park and isn’t consistent so when I tried scanning it I didn’t get anything useful, plus the dealer never gave me any codes when they had it
You need a scanner that reads drivetrain codes. Most generic obd2 readers are engine only.

OP
OP
tatelem20

tatelem20

First Name
Tate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So I started looking around a bit on my own and found the nub that the vacuum line connects to on the turbo intent has broken loose and now wobbles a bit. I already called Dinan and they said they’d send out a replacement and I’m hoping this fixes everything

OP
OP
tatelem20

tatelem20

First Name
Tate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So I started looking around a bit on my own and found the nub that the vacuum line connects to on the turbo intent has broken loose and now wobbles a bit. I already called Dinan and they said they’d send out a replacement and I’m hoping this fixes everything
This did not fix anything.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
What did you get? If you're screen shotting a generic message asking for help, maybe you just didn't know what you were looking for.

Obviously there's a code, shadow or otherwise, that explains exactly what the problem is. Let's start with your list of codes and go from there.

OP
OP
tatelem20

tatelem20

First Name
Tate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Might want to say what all mods you have? And work backyards….. Usually it’s something that’s not factory that goes bad…
I have the Dinan intake, dinan exhaust, and AA catted downpipe. Turns out the turbo is broken and it’s getting fixed under warranty

OP
OP
tatelem20

tatelem20

First Name
Tate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
What did you get? If you're screen shotting a generic message asking for help, maybe you just didn't know what you were looking for.

Obviously there's a code, shadow or otherwise, that explains exactly what the problem is. Let's start with your list of codes and go from there.
I never got to scan it but it’s back at the dealer and they are going to be warrantying my turbo
Sponsored