Update of iDrive software and maps

Jediyogi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR A90
Does anyone know if this can done via SDcard or USB drive or does it have to go back to the dealer for the updates?
Unfortunately, we don't get Supra Connect here down under.
Sponsored

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD
Can't answer your question but bumping in hopes someone else can. I'd like to get Idrive updated too. Mine is buggy . Tried taking a phone call the other day while running route guidance and it wouldn't pick up the call. There's been other bugs too which are super annoying with the Ipod and trying to select music to play. Gotta say I'm not impressed with the bugginess of this system. Hell, the Sync in my wifes Ford is better (no bugs) than this. Gotta say though, the voice recognition is the tits.

starman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0P
Here in the States, BMW iDrive can be updated from their site, but there is no Toyota equivalent that anyone has been able to find. Therefor your only option is to go to the dealer.

As of right now, there are a few people who is trying to get their iDrive\iSTEP updated at the dealer right now. I suggest you follow that thread for udpates: https://www.supramkv.com/threads/fullscreen-apple-carplay.2599/page-9

That said, there is for sure an update (though I think that also depends on region), because my 3/21 build Supra has different features than earlier build (full CarPlay display and screen brightness control from the factory). My Infotainment is also very smooth and haven't had any issues.

Ground Beef

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Infiniti Q50S Hybrid
Here in the States, BMW iDrive can be updated from their site, but there is no Toyota equivalent that anyone has been able to find. Therefor your only option is to go to the dealer.

As of right now, there are a few people who is trying to get their iDrive\iSTEP updated at the dealer right now. I suggest you follow that thread for udpates: https://www.supramkv.com/threads/fullscreen-apple-carplay.2599/page-9

That said, there is for sure an update (though I think that also depends on region), because my 3/21 build Supra has different features than earlier build (full CarPlay display and screen brightness control from the factory). My Infotainment is also very smooth and haven't had any issues.
Is the iDrive/iSTEP update a service that the dealer would typically charge for? What's the latest version/build of iDrive/iSTEP for our cars?

starman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0P
Is the iDrive/iSTEP update a service that the dealer would typically charge for? What's the latest version/build of iDrive/iSTEP for our cars?
Under Warranty, if there is an actual issue which is fixed by an update then no charge. However, if you just want an update because you want the latest features, then you'll be charged the dealer hourly rate (this of course does depend on the dealer)

As for which one is the latest, no-one has been able to figure that out yet, because unlike BMW, Toyota doesn't have release notes publicly available. For reference, my March 2021 build has the following:

iSTEP version: S18T-21-03-530 [please visit https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1638904 for instructions in how to obtain your iSTEP version]
iDrive version: NBTevo_T20454I [you can find this info under Navigation About Software menu]

OP
OP
Jediyogi

Jediyogi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR A90
yeah just what i was afraid of ...going back to the Dealership...those guys are absolutely clueless when it comes to the Supra
Sponsored