Fullscreen Apple Carplay

Chgu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2013 FR-S
I have my 2021 in today with complaints of Carplay disconnecting, specifically asking if there's a software update that might fix it. We'll see what comes out of that.
Sponsored

reNeglect

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota GR Supra, 2017 BMW X5
My question is for the people like myself who are 2020, and tuned... getting this flash will it affect my DME and my tune...

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
My question is for the people like myself who are 2020, and tuned... getting this flash will it affect my DME and my tune...
Most likely, yes. Any time your car is flashed, it will overwrite any tune on your DME. In this case, for 2020s, it would likely soft-lock your DME requiring a bench unlock and re-tune.
I am not tuned so Iā€™m not worried about this. It adds the requirement for a bench unlock for me but Iā€™m still tunable.

reNeglect

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota GR Supra, 2017 BMW X5
Most likely, yes. Any time your car is flashed, it will overwrite any tune on your DME. In this case, for 2020s, it would likely soft-lock your DME requiring a bench unlock and re-tune.
I am not tuned so Iā€™m not worried about this. It adds the requirement for a bench unlock for me but Iā€™m still tunable.
Good to know... so basically its gonna cost me another $400-500 just to get wide screen carplay if the above works...

smef

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Not looking good. Now after having my car for four days the dealership has informed me that Toyota just told them there are no updates available for my car. This is contrary to what I was told yesterday.

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Not looking good. Now after having my car for four days the dealership has informed me that Toyota just told them there are no updates available for my car. This is contrary to what I was told yesterday.
Well that's unfortunate...and seems odd given that we know there is actually an updated software version out there...at least for the 2021s.

smef

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Well that's unfortunate...and seems odd given that we know there is actually an updated software version out there...at least for the 2021s.
Tell me about it. When I brought that up I was informed that Toyota probably pulled that version leaving mine the most current.

Jree

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Red 3.0P
So they lied to you about software being sent? Why would they even do that

smef

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
I have no idea. It's a wizard behind the curtain situation. I've not been able to speak with whoever it is at the dealership that spoke with Toyota. Yesterday a service coordinator told me that the service manager told her they had been sent the software. Today the service advisor I dropped the car off with told me there is no update. My last two conversations with the service advisor have led me to believe that he has no idea what I'm talking about.

Chgu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2013 FR-S
I have no idea. It's a wizard behind the curtain situation. I've not been able to speak with whoever it is at the dealership that spoke with Toyota. Yesterday a service coordinator told me that the service manager told her they had been sent the software. Today the service advisor I dropped the car off with told me there is no update. My last two conversations with the service advisor have led me to believe that he has no idea what I'm talking about.
I was also told that there was no software update yesterday. I wonder if the service folks just haven't gotten it yet.

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I wonder if the ā€œsoftwareā€ that Toyota sent was actually just the ISTA software and not the actual I-level. Not that it seems to matter. This is discouraging

Pej1282

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra, 2020 Avalon TRD, 2015 Lexus RC350
Toyota seems to not know what the hell to do with these cars, they say yes adn ok to one thing and they say no sorry in the end. When I bought mine I had a battery error due to the car sitting in the lot for a while before I bought it and they only one had tech that could override the message. The guy only came in once a week. And then they called me to bring it in to get detailed because they couldnā€™t do it the day I bought it. I brought it in and they gave me a rental, they took a couple of days because they were going to ā€œleave the car as if it just left the assembly lineā€ when I went to pick it up the car was dirty. I filed a complaint against them with corporate and they took care of everything right away and sent me an Amex gift card in the end.
Sponsored