Upgraded suspension (coilovers) - Wow

OldHead-MKV-Owner

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22' Supra, 95' 300ZX SMZ, 22' F150 Limited
I've upgraded suspension in the past, coilovers, springs, linkages, bushings, all your weight transfer mechanisms.
I just replaced one component on the supra and it feels like a new car. I've never had a set of coilovers (yeah, I know they're not in the rear) make such a huge difference on handling. Put on a set of KW DDC p&p and they're awesome. I can feel everything on the road... it just translates so much more to the steering wheel. Rebound is significantly better.

I've dumped (invested 😉) so much into this car. This should have been after the unlock and before the turbo.

If you're on the fence on springs vs coilovers, coilovers 💯
Sponsored

OP
OP
OldHead-MKV-Owner

OldHead-MKV-Owner

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
in comfort setting, smooth. sport is tight but not as bouncy as stock. overall, an improvement.
these are the KW DDC p&p, so they tie into the factory electronic dampening system.

I'm now front 25 3/4" and rear 27 1/8" to center of fender lip running directly through the center of the wheel. Need that extra gap in the rear for the meaty tires and because I don't want a lot of negative camber in the rear.

Z4m40i

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 BMW z4 m40i, 2020 BMW X7 40i
Also installed these coil overs about two weeks ago. Give some time to let the springs settle as I dropped about another 1/2”.

across the board I felt all drive modes to be more firm, where comfort was about a half step below sport mode with stock suspension.

Agreed- this was the best upgrade I’ve done for the car. The z4 was a little bit more plush stock than the Supra, but both have very capable stock suspension.

Also running a little bit of positive rake (about 3/4” height difference front and back) and did a corner balance. If the baseline suspension as neutral/flat steering, the slight positive rake added a little bit more response.

IMG_2144.jpeg

IMG_2183.jpeg

IMG_2188.jpeg

Meraki Autoworks

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Yup! KW DDC is our best selling coilover, luxury and sporty in one package! (and at a press of a button!)

-Josh

OP
OP
OldHead-MKV-Owner

OldHead-MKV-Owner

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
of course coilovers will always be better. Nothing new lol
Yeah buddy, got that. Not my first rodeo... you should go back and read what I wrote.

They made a bigger difference on this car than any other car I've upgraded in the past. I've put coilovers on the following: 300zx (3) rx7, (2), e36 M3 (2), clk55 (1), clk63(1) and I'm pretty sure I did my first car, civic... but that was 30yrs ago and can't remember.

But yes, your statement is correct. Coilovers > springs