imkochan

imkochan

First Name
Chen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
It will by next year for sure. If you're planning on keeping the car long term I say just stay in it and get a decent deal on it. Focus on your loan amount and interest rate more then anything. Credit unions are still offering scary low rates. PM me if you have any specific questions
Gotcha! I did apply w/ my local credit union, still awaiting on approval and will try to get a 2020 right now.
Sponsored

mmspider

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 2.0L(sold)
In my opinion the best deal on a supra today is a brand new one bought at MSRP. Most used Supras are selling way to close to MSRP.

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE, 2004 S2000, 1999 Carrera
Shieeetttt I'll sell you a 2022 for 64k :) no issues with 2.2k miles
This is a great price for a brand new 2022 and hard to find RED, no waiting 6 months.

TunedByJ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 BMW M235i
I think I may pull the trigger on a 2020 just because of the 2021 oil problem. Price wise 2021s are only usually 1k more which is a good deal though.
I'm doing my research on 2021's right now, is oil problem that big a deal on all 2021's? i do like the subtle improvements and HP increase from year to year but def dont want a headache with oil consumption issues

OP
OP
imkochan

imkochan

First Name
Chen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
I'm doing my research on 2021's right now, is oil problem that big a deal on all 2021's? i do like the subtle improvements and HP increase from year to year but def dont want a headache with oil consumption issues
It's honestly all over the place. Some will tell you that it barely happens. Others will say its typical BMW (which it is). Safe bet is just to get a 2020. I also prefer the exhaust note on the 2020 model anyways :)

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It's honestly all over the place. Some will tell you that it barely happens. Others will say its typical BMW (which it is). Safe bet is just to get a 2020. I also prefer the exhaust note on the 2020 model anyways :)
Well the older you go, and for around the same price as 2021 and 2022, you lose factory warranty time. Not sure how much that is worth

SupraBH

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium, 2023 Mazda 3 Sedan
Got a '21 with <1500 miles for 58.

Basically new car price but did not have to wait 6+ months.

Dealers are still asking substantial mark up here when they get one on their lot (6-7k).
There's dealers out there that are selling for MSRP or less, you just have to find them. They have Supra's on there way to the dealership and are pre-selling them. I bought mine from a dealer here in FL for around 2k under MSRP back in December and only had to wait 2 weeks for delivery. Was talking to another dealer in FL also selling at MSRP at the same time. They're out there, you just have to call around and see who has what coming in.

Last edited:

mmspider

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 2.0L(sold)
There's dealers out there that are selling for MSRP or less, you just have to find them. They have Supra's on their way to the dealership and are pre-selling them. I bought mine from a dealer here in FL for around 2k under MSRP back in December and only had to wait 2 weeks for delivery. Was talking to another dealer in FL also selling at MSRP at the same time. They're out there, you just have to call around and see who has what coming in.

I got mine for under MSRP also. Which is why its crazy to me people paying these used prices.

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Well if anybody wants a 2020, I would be willing to sell my 3600 miles garage queen 2020 Launch Edition Absolute Zero. $63000. Future collectible to be worth over $100000

SupraBH

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I got mine for under MSRP also. Which is why its crazy to me people paying these used prices.
Some parts of the country are a bit tougher markets unfortunately. For example, down here in the Southeast we have to deal with Toyota Southeast Distributor who slap on packages like Toyoguard and Premium Cables to the MSRP. I was able to use this to my advantage by negotiating those packages off of MSRP as well as using a competing dealer's offer to ultimately get the deal on mine.

I know in other parts of the country they aren't tacking on those packages, so I tell people it's worth it to look nation wide and see what price they're selling at. Sometimes it's worth it to just get the car delivered to you rather than pay a markup for a new one or even pay MSRP or more for a used one. Just takes time and research.

Rando75

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
There's dealers out there that are selling for MSRP or less, you just have to find them. They have Supra's on their way to the dealership and are pre-selling them. I bought mine from a dealer here in FL for around 2k under MSRP back in December and only had to wait 2 weeks for delivery. Was talking to another dealer in FL also selling at MSRP at the same time. They're out there, you just have to call around and see who has what coming in.
True and I did find a couple through my research (contacted 25+ dealers) but when you add shipping ~2500 miles it still ends up a little over. Also, some dealers will straight up not sell out of area.

SupraBH

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
True and I did find a couple through my research (contacted 25+ dealers) but when you add shipping ~2500 miles it still ends up a little over. Also, some dealers will straight up not sell out of area.
Yeah if you're shipping essentially across the country it might be a bit tough, but I did talk to a few northern dealers who were willing to ship for a reasonable amount. All depends on the area you live and the vehicle's location. I even talked to a dealer that said they could place a custom order for me if I wanted for MSRP, so it's kind of all over the place right now.
Sponsored