Valenti tail lights now available...

MRT2

First Name
Titu
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 CF Phantom, Honda Element, JKUR
I do like these Valenti rear lights, and I like them over the other retro design that’s also coming out.

That said, the OEM twilights are best.
Sponsored

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
I like these but prefer stock more. I just want to swap to the euro stock ones.
I already tried that two years ago. I wanted that amber turn signal to work, but the US-spec cars are missing the wire to make it work, and you'd have to run it all the way from the Body Domain Controller, provided that is even possible in a US car as well.

Marsone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ISF, FRS
Stock is still the best option for this car in my opinion. This and the "I wish I had a MKIV" tail lights just don't fit the look of the car.

The stock lights on this car are very distinct with a clean design language. Everything else looks busy and... cheap in my eyes.
Agree. Stock lights are a really solid design, however as mentioned in this is thread, it’s a real shame the US lights don’t have an independent turn signal function that’s separate from the brake/on function. Especially because of how many other car designs have been impacted all in the name of safety.

DHarkKnight10

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 / 2021 Jeep Trackhawk
They honestly lost me at "winker" lamp... My personal preference is still towards the ones OLM has been working on

starman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0P
I don't think it looks that awful; but I still prefer the OEMs.

As someone mentioned here; I'd be curious to know if those would even work on North America Spec'd Supra's.

While the US-Spec Supra taillight wiring harness on the car is the same type of plug as the rest of the world, it has a different number of wires going in [example US-Spec has 3 wires, J-Spec has 4 wires], possible different wire configuration on the harness itself, and for sure the BDC settings are totally different that require coding.

Technically US Spec only has 3 "zones" (not the proper term, but i'll use it) in the taillight.
1st zone (RED outside LED) = Parking light only [required by US D.O.T.]
2nd zone (RED inner LED) = Running lights only
3rd zone (RED middle\main LED) = functions as Running, Brake and Turn signal

Rest of the World (or those that have Amber turn signal has 4 "zones")
1st zone (RED outside LED) = Parking light only [although in some countries this may not be active at all if country law doesn't require it]
3rd zone (RED middle\main LED) = functions as Running and Brake
4th zone (AMBER middle\inside main LED) = turn signal [required by law to be Amber color in other countries]

On another note, clear OEMs would be awesome like these custom ones [Skip to 3:35]:

^^^that was a fully custom item; i doubt they'll be making more to sell. But it is possible:

sojusoulja

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1996 BB NSX, 2003 GPW S2000
I don't think it looks that awful; but I still prefer the OEMs.

As someone mentioned here; I'd be curious to know if those would even work on North America Spec'd Supra's.

While the US-Spec Supra taillight wiring harness on the car is the same type of plug as the rest of the world, it has a different number of wires going in [example US-Spec has 3 wires, J-Spec has 4 wires], possible different wire configuration on the harness itself, and for sure the BDC settings are totally different that require coding.

Technically US Spec only has 3 "zones" (not the proper term, but i'll use it) in the taillight.
1st zone (RED outside LED) = Parking light only [required by US D.O.T.]
3rd zone (RED middle\main LED) = functions as Running, Brake and Turn signal

Rest of the World (or those that have Amber turn signal has 4 "zones")
1st zone (RED outside LED) = Parking light only [although in some countries this may not be active at all if country law doesn't require it]
3rd zone (RED middle\main LED) = functions as Running and Brake
4th zone (AMBER middle\inside main LED) = turn signal [required by law to be Amber color in other countries]

On another note, clear OEMs would be awesome like these custom ones [Skip to 3:35]:

^^^that was a fully custom item; i doubt they'll be making more to sell. But it is possible:

Forgot who it was but they were selling just the clear lense for 550...

OP
OP
Chappers

Chappers

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR 3.0L Tungsten Silver
Reactions: B54

UYCR

First Name
Ubec
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91-MT
I already tried that two years ago. I wanted that amber turn signal to work, but the US-spec cars are missing the wire to make it work, and you'd have to run it all the way from the Body Domain Controller, provided that is even possible in a US car as well.
I was just planning on getting the signal from the headlight or mirror and run the wires to the back to make the OEM non-US spec tails work on our cars. I'm guessing the Valenti would require something similar. I'm not a fan of tapping wires so I would probably end up buying dummy connectors to unpin from the OEM harness and split the signal that way.

OP
OP
Chappers

Chappers

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR 3.0L Tungsten Silver
I've bit the bullet and purchased them, I'll let you know how they work, I imagine they've done a single unit for all rather than region based.
Sponsored