Valvetronic Servimotor needs replacing?

DavisV

First Name
Davis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2021/Infiniti Q60
Hey fellas wanted to see if you guys can help me out with a code that popped up. I have the a 2021 with a JB4 + Catless lower Downpipes, been running map 1/2 for about 10 months now no issues. Cars running with no issues, but had this pop up on the JB4 when reading the engine codes.

180001 catless downpipe detected
135A08 Valvetronic servomotor, position
sensor: implausible signal
CDA71E

Anyone else have this come up or know the issue?

9343BF02-A8AF-43E9-A7FE-BB05E7D96302.jpeg
Sponsored

aksprite

First Name
AK
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra, the bus
Clear the code and see if it comes back. I had the same code appear but it went away after I cleared it. If you have a rough idle when your car is warmed up (car randomly shaking), or you hear a weird tapping noise coming from your car when you first get inside, then you might have a valvetronic problem.

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
The catless downpipe code is normal since you’re running a catless downpipe. Not sure why it would have taken 10 months to come up.
the other one, albeit it not positive, is there a tone difference between sport mode and normal? The servo that controls your valve could be on its way out or need a cleaning or something

OP
OP
DavisV

DavisV

First Name
Davis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2021/Infiniti Q60
The catless downpipe code is normal since you’re running a catless downpipe. Not sure why it would have taken 10 months to come up.
the other one, albeit it not positive, is there a tone difference between sport mode and normal? The servo that controls your valve could be on its way out or need a cleaning or something
The sports mode burbles and popping noises seem to be more pronounced & my idle is normal. Cars running well all around.

Cleared the codes hopefully it doesn’t come back.

ShinDohyun

First Name
Dohyun
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
The sports mode burbles and popping noises seem to be more pronounced & my idle is normal. Cars running well all around.

Cleared the codes hopefully it doesn’t come back.
Did you get any update to this?

I know in the JB4 settings there is way to keep that valve open constantly. and when I tried to reset it. It does reset, and is always open on sport mode or normal mode.

OP
OP
DavisV

DavisV

First Name
Davis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2021/Infiniti Q60
Did you get any update to this?

I know in the JB4 settings there is way to keep that valve open constantly. and when I tried to reset it. It does reset, and is always open on sport mode or normal mode.
Hey it’s been almost two years, but if I remember correctly I cleared the code a few times over a months span and the problem never came back. Sold the car not too long ago but I hope you’re enjoying yours. Cheers mate

i3igpete

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0L 8AT
I know in the JB4 settings there is way to keep that valve open constantly.
I think this error code is referring to the motor in the cylinder head that controls the intermediate swing cam, not the exhaust flap.

IMG_20240307_091140.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: