Worth replacing charge pipe?

Zenkuto

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium (AZ)
Wondering if it’s worth it to go ahead and replace the charge pipe if I’m going to be changing out the intake.

From what I’ve read, you basically get 0 gains. Mostly for looks, or if you’re doing meth injection.

and are the issues with the charge pipe popping off a common problem or is it overblown?
Sponsored

32bitsofGil

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
I've heard they wear down over time especially in the hotter areas. Plastic wearing down faster than the metal upgrades. Could be a culprit later in life for a boost leak.

Jackyl tm

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Edition, C230, Mazda Protege
As zrk said it's mostly for looks. I changed mine immediately, because coming from previous bmw engines it was a weak point. They've remedied it and is no longer a problem. Tighten it down well and you will be fine

OP
OP
Zenkuto

Zenkuto

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium (AZ)
As zrk said it's mostly for looks. I changed mine immediately, because coming from previous bmw engines it was a weak point. They've remedied it and is no longer a problem. Tighten it down well and you will be fine
They’ve remedied the stock charge pipe to be more durable or are you saying aftermarket options have been fixed to where it doesn’t pop off?

Jackyl tm

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Edition, C230, Mazda Protege
They’ve remedied the stock charge pipe to be more durable or are you saying aftermarket options have been fixed to where it doesn’t pop off?
Remedied the stock chargepipe. But, if you do go bigger boost, I personally(just due to the past bmw pipes and this being plastic) would go with an aftermarket one.

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
The stock charge pipe is fine and have been on cars making over 800+ hp with no issues. Most people switch them out if they want to include meth in their system.
mug youarnt doing meth, an aftermarket one will look better but a lot of people install them wrong and let the connecting hoses blow apart.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Change if you want to add some flare to the engine bay. Aftermarket pipes have been remedied.

-RJM
Sponsored

Reactions: zrk