Vancouver owners - whos here?

SkySupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0
How much time between placing the order and delivery? I have a dealership in the Vancouver area telling me the wait is a year... another dealership ready to sell me a 2021 today, and a third who I know has already delivered a 2022. I'm currently trying to find the right dealer in BC to deal with as well. Congrats on the new car!
I placed a deposit around August 6th and the dealer informed me the car had arrived on September 20th. The timeline that I was given back in August was roughly the same as what you have been told. Honestly, it seems like none of the dealers have any idea on when they will get the car at this time and they will give you a rough timeline that might not be totally accurate.

If you are looking to get a 2022, I would suggest putting down a deposit so that they can enter you into the system and when the next shipment arrives, Toyota Canada will allocate them to people on the waitlist.
Sponsored

Kaolinite

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
I got my 2022 Absolute Zero around Sept 13th. I put a deposit at Open Road Richmond mid Aug and was told the wait could be up to a year and I was the 4th person in line. Open Road Peace Arch had one come in which was not reserved for anyone so I jumped on it the next day. They also didn't activate my Navi system. I've been curious if they removed the spacers on the front struts that are supposed to be taken out during PDI.. just never had the time to take the wheels off and check.

SkySupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0
I got my 2022 Absolute Zero around Sept 13th. I put a deposit at Open Road Richmond mid Aug and was told the wait could be up to a year and I was the 4th person in line. Open Road Peace Arch had one come in which was not reserved for anyone so I jumped on it the next day. They also didn't activate my Navi system. I've been curious if they removed the spacers on the front struts that are supposed to be taken out during PDI.. just never had the time to take the wheels off and check.
I think our cars were on the same shipment that arrived in BC last month. There was a 2022 in Black that I saw pop up on Regency Toyota's inventory and then the White one that you bought from Open Road Peace Arch. Haven't seen any other 2022s listed in BC yet so I'm guessing the rest of the shipment must have been all allocated.

Blindspot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
I’m in Squamish with a black ‘21 and drive into the city all the time. I'd love to meet up and make jokes about how much oil we're burning and compare our sweet underglows. There's still time for some trips up the Duffy before the snow comes!

tempImageTPxXfg.jpg

Milse

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mk5 Supra
Hi There! I am moving from Toronto to Vancouver in January. Any chance I can join?

DingusMcringus

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Supra, 2021 VW Tiguan
Hi! I Just moved to Vancouver and brought my black 2022 to Vancouver would love be brought into the group.

jayjay

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2022, VW Atlas
Was wondering if anyone has a good PPF installer to recommend in the Greater Vancouver area. Thinking of putting getting a phantom grey but fear the paint will be a pain to maintain. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

luv2xlr8

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Was wondering if anyone has a good PPF installer to recommend in the Greater Vancouver area. Thinking of putting getting a phantom grey but fear the paint will be a pain to maintain. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
I was in the same position about five months ago and decided to pass on the phantom for this very reason. I talked to two of the shops in the lower mainland, whichever two seemed to be the most reputable at the time, and they both said forget it unless you want to wrap the entire car. There is a guy on this forum somewhere, I think he's based in San Fransisco... wrapped the entire car in Xpel Stealth and it turned out phenomenal, but the cost was pretty high to do the entire thing. Basically after talking to a few people the consensus was "if you love it, go for it, but know you'll need to wrap the entire car" and likely add some ceramic after as well. If you scratch it, it doesn't just cut polish/buff/re-wax out like a traditional colour does. Some folks have said you'll end up having to repaint panels etc. I think this is a little over the top, but who knows what the remedy is for a bad scratch. There has to be a really good paint and body guy on here somewhere that has first hand experience. Now, this was just my research, and I should also caution that I haven't owned a vehicle with matte/non traditional paint. Hope this helps.

SkySupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0
I have my Nitro Yellow wrapped entirely in Xpel Stealth at Vancouver ClearBra. I think overall they did a good job although this was my first time getting a car wrapped. There were a couple air or water bubbles under the wrap that wouldn't go away so I had to bring my car back to get them removed. They just inserted a syringe into the bubble and sucked out the water or air trapped underneath. So far I haven't noticed any major peeling or lifting of the film in the month that I've owned the car and I've washed my car 3 times now with a pressure washer.

I think if you're getting PPF installed that should make it easier to maintain a matte paint. Alternatively, you could get the regular grey color and get Xpel Stealth installed so that it will look matte, but without the maintenance hassle.

trev_rs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium, '17 Abarth 124 Spider
I have phantom grey. I cry when it rains.

Seriously though, it looks pretty awesome even if it's almost impossible to keep water spots off.

Not sure what I'd do if it sustained any significant damage.

Worst case scenario I figure I'd just wrap it if it got to a point where I wasn't happy while enjoying it while it lasts.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
I have phantom grey. I cry when it rains.

Seriously though, it looks pretty awesome even if it's almost impossible to keep water spots off.

Not sure what I'd do if it sustained any significant damage.

Worst case scenario I figure I'd just wrap it if it got to a point where I wasn't happy while enjoying it while it lasts.
Why don't you just get matte PPF on it?

trev_rs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium, '17 Abarth 124 Spider
Why don't you just get matte PPF on it?
Sounds like something I should investigate. I assumed any PPF would add gloss ... but I'm a bit ignorant of everything matte.

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
I'm not a Vancouve-based owner, but if you guys are interested in stopping by at some point: German Car Day at Leavenworth is Sunday June 5th, and us Seattleites would love to see some Vancouver folk come down to enjoy the drive on US-2 and see a lot of nice (mostly German) cars in the nice little Bavarian themed town of Leavenworth; it would also be a nice opportunity to meet some Supra owners from north of the border for probably the first time since the car went on sale.

Navshah10

First Name
Navik (Nav)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra 3.0
hi guys! not really in Vancouver but i live in Langley and am always traveling around the lower mainland in the supra (2021 absolute zero) as the daily! Would love to meet up with some locals and get new perspectives on some builds!

Ceabax

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0
Hey guys, I live downtown Van! Just picked up my black Supra last week.
Sponsored