Verus heat shield for 2021 6-port is now available

KBG

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Talk about fast shipping- ordered it Friday and it arrived today. Haven't installed it yet but looks to be easier than the version for the 2020.
Sponsored

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
Will it fit stock location upgraded turbos?

gdi2290

First Name
PatrickJS
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered thanks

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Talk about fast shipping- ordered it Friday and it arrived today. Haven't installed it yet but looks to be easier than the version for the 2020.
Post some pics of the install. I’m curious to see how easy it goes on.

-RJM

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Post some pics of the install. I’m curious to see how easy it goes on.

-RJM
I got mine Saturday, install tomorrow. I'll post pics along the way. It looks like it can be assembled ahead of time, unlike the 2021/2-port.

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
Would be interesting to collect some data on benefits. Not expressing skepticism at all, just interested in measurement.

OP
OP
Juggernautjoe

Juggernautjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 noc black 3.0 prem
Shipping was quick. Got mine yesterday as well.

Hopefully i'll have some time today to do the install and take some pics/measurements.

SavageGTR34

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Just ordered mine! Have been waiting for them to release this. Speed Industry didn’t have it posted so ordered directly from Verus 2nd day so hopefully will be at my home by the time my vacation starts next weekend. ?? An for those wonder if you have the Pure Turbo upgrades yes this will work as the housing doesn’t change. It’s more of the turbine, inlet, and exhaust ports that make the biggest change.

OP
OP
Juggernautjoe

Juggernautjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 noc black 3.0 prem
Got it installed. Super easy. Easier than the 2020 (from what I can tell by watching that install video)

Get a 13mm socket and ratchet.
Get your set of allen keys/sockets. You need 2 different sizes, can't remember what they were.
Put the small side bracket on the inside of the larger one. Remove and re-attach the allen head bolts in this configuration:

outside.jpg

Then remove the 13mm bolts on the under side of the stock heat shield. You only need to remove 2 to actually get this installed, but I also removed the front underside bolt to get a little more wiggle room on the heatshield. Pic of underside of stock heatshield.

13mmunder.jpg

Now you'll want to get the verus heatshield in place. It'll kind of rest on the manifold and wastegate actuator (I think that's what it is). See the pic below for orientation of bolts/washers/spacers.

mount.jpg

I would suggest starting with the rear one. Just get it threaded in a bit. Then you can kind of pull the front out to get the bolt/washer/spacer in place.

One thing to note. For some reason on the front 2 bolts, this very thin washer was there:
washer.jpg

These things shifted and got in the way when trying to install the new bolts. Just be aware that they might fall down and block the hole, causing to wonder why you can't get the bolt to thread. Don't forget to put that front 13mm bolt back in if you took it out.

Like I said, super easy install. I didn't have to remove the MST intake. It fits with plenty of room. Took like 20mins. I'll take it for a spin and re-check temps in the engine bay.

installed.jpg

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Very interested in your readings on engine bay temp! Ordered mine a couple of days ago and it's on the way.

OP
OP
Juggernautjoe

Juggernautjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 noc black 3.0 prem
So I took it for a spin last week and checked temps at various spots in the engine bay near the turbo. These were my readings:

150F - Panel on MST intake facing the turbo
325F - Turbo manifold
265F - Heatshield on opposing side from turbo

I did the same run, trying to do it on a day with the same outside temps. New readings:

125F - Panel on MST intake facing the turbo
265F - Top of Verus heatshield
230F - Heatshield on opposing side from turbo

I know this is in no way scientific. Maybe someone can take some better readings before/after to prove this heatshield is doing something. But just by hand-feel, you can tell it's a lot cooler in that area near the intake.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
So I took it for a spin last week and checked temps at various spots in the engine bay near the turbo. These were my readings:

150F - Panel on MST intake facing the turbo
325F - Turbo manifold
265F - Heatshield on opposing side from turbo

I did the same run, trying to do it on a day with the same outside temps. New readings:

125F - Panel on MST intake facing the turbo
265F - Top of Verus heatshield
230F - Heatshield on opposing side from turbo

I know this is in no way scientific. Maybe someone can take some better readings before/after to prove this heatshield is doing something. But just by hand-feel, you can tell it's a lot cooler in that area near the intake.
Thanks for the data! Understood on the caveats. Really appreciate you taking the time to put together this information and post it.

cactusA91

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
81Celica Supra(1st Car)/Taco/Ghia/A91 Wannabe
Doing the resonator delete as part of this. I removed the stock alum heat shield off the stock air box. Anyone see a reason to keep it?

Caution on wiggling out the forward bottom of the air box - the forward intake behind the headlight has a plastic edge susceptible to cracking when pulling out the forward rubber grommet.

Eventually will upgrade to the MST Ver 2
Sponsored

Last edited: