084runnerltd

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
08 4Runner / 99’ Lexus LX470 / Deposit 2020 Supra
Vehicle Showcase
I have noticed in the past, sometimes I see “screen mirroring” as an available selection when hitting the “mode” button. However, other times it is not an option.....I figured, it was possible when I was in “park” it was an available, and was disabled when driving.....

Today I did some coding and enabled all of the video in Motion options....however, I still can’t figure out how to get video from my phone (IPhone XS) to the display?!? Or any screen mirroring for that matter...

I thought perhaps it needed to be connected via USB-lightening cord, no luck.

So, my question is how do you get screen mirroring to work?

Are you able to play video? Whether in Park or drive through the system? If so, how? (USB thumb drive, perhaps)?
Sponsored

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
Not an iphone guy. But you mirror the same way you would ypur tv I assume. Mirroring works fine for me.

IMG_20191027_194606_01.jpg

Go into media tab of the car and hit mirroring option. Link the devices, the start the mirroring from your phone.

OP
OP
084runnerltd

084runnerltd

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not an iphone guy. But you mirror the same way you would ypur tv I assume. Mirroring works fine for me.

Go into media tab of the car and hit mirroring option. Link the devices, the start the mirroring from your phone.
I will give it a go....I think because the phone is connected via CarPlay I am running into issues. Thanks for the info,

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
I can’t get mine to work either. Tried to delete car play connect to screen mirroring. I also look on my iPhone 11 Pro sceeen mirroring setting but unable to find the Toyota name to connect to for screen mirroring

OP
OP
084runnerltd

084runnerltd

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I can’t get mine to work either. Tried to delete car play connect to screen mirroring. I also look on my iPhone 11 Pro sceeen mirroring setting but unable to find the Toyota name to connect to for screen mirroring
I have given up. I was recently at the BMW dealership getting some work done on another car and I asked about screen mirroring. They said that it only works with androids, guessing it is the same in the Supra....

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
I have given up. I was recently at the BMW dealership getting some work done on another car and I asked about screen mirroring. They said that it only works with androids, guessing it is the same in the Supra....
I just spent a hour trying to get it work on my iPhone 11. I tried deleting the phone and re connecting it. Nothing worked. I gave up too. Ugh. Maybe they will have a software update for it soon.

King Reneau

First Name
Reneau
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
96 Toyota Supra MKIV, 20 Toyota Supra MKV
  • I can get it to work on an Android Note 9. Maybe it's possible to do it through Carplay for Stupid Steve Jobs phones users. However I thought screen mirroring only works when connected to AppleTV on TV's for Stupid Steve Jobs Phones users. If that's true than screen mirroring is probably not going to work.
Has anyone figured out how to bypass the safety feature of screen mirroring? I want to be able to use my apps, specifically Waze by mirroring it from my phone

JasonO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra LE
  • I can get it to work on an Android Note 9. Maybe it's possible to do it through Carplay for Stupid Steve Jobs phones users. However I thought screen mirroring only works when connected to AppleTV on TV's for Stupid Steve Jobs Phones users. If that's true than screen mirroring is probably not going to work.
Has anyone figured out how to bypass the safety feature of screen mirroring? I want to be able to use my apps, specifically Waze by mirroring it from my phone
You can use Bimmercode. There are additional steps but it does walk you through them from what I remember.

OP
OP
084runnerltd

084runnerltd

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What is bimmercode? I'm unfamiliar with it.
App in conjunction with OBD II adaptor, allows you to code your car to enable/disable various features.

huntjunky

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Tacoma, Dodge Ram
You've nailed it and what BMW is saying is so. Only Android will have screen mirroring available. I have verified this with Toyota, BMW and the Toyota dealership, for what they're worth. IOS kinda sucks for anything video from drones to cameras to phones and TV.

AndyMy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2020 launch edition
Vehicle Showcase

It asked for wifi password

huntjunky

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Tacoma, Dodge Ram
Galaxy s10 plus
RIGHT...We know that android works (your phone). This thread is regarding iPhone. Apple CarPlay is iPhone’s version of screen mirroring. Unfortunately, iOS/apple/iPhone/carplay/mov files are incapable of video transfer to vehicle interface. Similar to downloading to your PC...just a bitch of a time with conversion processes.
Sponsored