gdi2290

First Name
PatrickJS
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I had all SPL parts installed recently and the noise seems to happen on the driver front side
Sponsored

OP
OP
gdi2290

gdi2290

First Name
PatrickJS
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
What parts specifically did you have installed? Thereā€™s definitely something binding
All SPL parts, TEIN coilovers, Cusco Swaybars

Mk5Frank

First Name
franklin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 type r, 2021 supra
Curious if itā€™s the lower control arm + endlinks

SupraMKV2.0

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twinskrulldesign.com
Car(s)
2023 M550i, 2023 M340i, 2021 Supra
All SPL parts, TEIN coilovers, Cusco Swaybars
You might be getting some spring bind. Check that the strut bearing was installed correctly between the spring and top mount.

OP
OP
gdi2290

gdi2290

First Name
PatrickJS
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
You might be getting some spring bind. Check that the strut bearing was installed correctly between the spring and top mount.
will that also make a clunk noise turning left at low speed? also going over bumps at low speeds (still driver front)

SupraMKV2.0

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twinskrulldesign.com
Car(s)
will that also make a clunk noise turning left at low speed? also going over bumps at low speeds (still driver front)
Possibly. Unfortunately, all of the parts you had installed have the potential to make clunking noises if there was an installation error. Could be front sway bar related if it wasnā€™t torqued down correctly, however Iā€™m betting itā€™s related to the coil over install.

OP
OP
gdi2290

gdi2290

First Name
PatrickJS
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Possibly. Unfortunately, all of the parts you had installed have the potential to make clunking noises if there was an installation error. Could be front sway bar related if it wasnā€™t torqued down correctly, however Iā€™m betting itā€™s related to the coil over install.
so the coilover install was done first and we waited for two weeks so the springs to settle (coilovers weren't adjusted with the plan to do them after the car is settled and corner balanced). The Swaybars was installed after those two weeks for a week before installing the SPL parts. I only started having problems when all the SPL parts were installed and corner balanced. The top hat is exposed though so rocks are getting in there. I'll check if there's Spring Bind in a couple hours. I think I can check by turning the wheel to see if the spring is turning right?

Last edited:

SupraMKV2.0

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twinskrulldesign.com
Car(s)
so the coilover install was done first for two weeks for the springs to settle (coilovers weren't adjusted with the plan to do them after the car is settled and corner balanced). Swaybars was installed after those two weeks for a week for SPL parts. I only started having problems when all the SPL parts were installed and corner balanced. The top hat is exposed though so rocks are getting in there. I'll check if there's Spring Bind in a couple hours. I think I can check by turning the wheel to see if the spring is turning right?
Yes. Unfortunately youā€™re going to have to do a series of troubleshooting starting with the coilover. In addition, most SPL parts use Heim Joints which might amplify any noise or vibration you might not normally hear.

OP
OP
gdi2290

gdi2290

First Name
PatrickJS
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase

OP
OP
gdi2290

gdi2290

First Name
PatrickJS
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah the bolts are technically one time use. That was taken off for the SPL bushing. That metal part's job is actually to make noise if the bolt is loose

zamm3k

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW F82 M4
Essentially the crash lever is there to make noise whenever that bolt is loose. In theory you should be able to use the stock bolt again. I torqued mine to slightly more than factory spec (approx 85 ft/lbs).

May I ask, did you install this yourself? That thrust arm bolt is a bit of a pain to torque due to the long extension it requires. Could improper torque have been the culprit?

Iā€™ve put around 200 miles on my suspension with no issues. Iā€™ll keep an eye out.
Sponsored