Weird/High Pitch Noise Breaking

Mike228

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK5 Supra
Wanted to see if anyone is having the same thing as me. When I'm at very low speeds, for example, I am breaking into my garage, when I apply the break there is a high pitch noise that happens. People outside the car have described it as a clown noise of some sort. Does anyone experience the same thing, is this a known issue, and is there a known fix? Any information would be helpful. Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mike228

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK5 Supra
Pebble in the guard behind the rotor.

Or you're using your horn.
Lol not using the horn terrible horn btw. Went out there with a friend just now to check it out and look. Stood at every wheel to determine where the noise was coming from. The sound was coming from each wheel, not one in particular. The car is a newer used car, with about 6k miles. Is it just something that needs to get worn in?

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Lol not using the horn terrible horn btw. Went out there with a friend just now to check it out and look. Stood at every wheel to determine where the noise was coming from. The sound was coming from each wheel, not one in particular. The car is a newer used car, with about 6k miles. Is it just something that needs to get worn in?
Is it just your breaks? High performance brakes are squeaky and loud af. Sounds like a train. Have you had a car with HP brakes before?

OP
OP

Mike228

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK5 Supra
Is it just your breaks? High performance brakes are squeaky and loud af. Sounds like a train. Have you had a car with HP brakes before?
I have not. I'll take a video and post it here and see if that's just high-performance breaks. I don't believe it happens at normal speeds/breaking, although I wouldn't know with the engine and music playing. Give me a minute and I'll post a video of the noise and you let me know. I appreciate it.

Reactions: zrk

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I have not. I'll take a video and post it here and see if that's just high-performance breaks. I don't believe it happens at normal speeds/breaking, although I wouldn't know with the engine and music playing. Give me a minute and I'll post a video of the noise and you let me know. I appreciate it.
Sure thing.

YOTA_IL

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Yep normal. Mine sound the same way too on OEM rotors and brakes. Obnoxious IMO!

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Wanted to see if anyone is having the same thing as me. When I'm at very low speeds, for example, I am breaking into my garage, when I apply the break there is a high pitch noise that happens. People outside the car have described it as a clown noise of some sort. Does anyone experience the same thing, is this a known issue, and is there a known fix? Any information would be helpful. Thanks
I don't have a high pitched sound, but mine sounds like I squashed a duck. I hate ducks unless at a Chinese restaurant so it's exhilarating and do it repeatedly while backing out of my garage.

Reactions: zrk

ShakaDaKine

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 TG 3.0
Mine sounded like that when it was new, but it went away after I bedded the pads. Been silent ever since.
This↑ You can try bedding in the brake pads, to see if that helps...get the car up to speed on the highway (nobody behind you) and brake hard, a couple of times (with a few seconds in between braking to allow rotors to cool off). Do not come to a stop, immediately afterwards, or you will defeat the purpose, due to heat...just drive normally for a while, to let everything cool off.
Sponsored