Welsome Screen on Startup

Matthewstorm

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium w/Carbon Fiber.
Is there a way to disable the Welcome start up screen? The one that says 'Welcome Joe Blow!' I've looked on the pdf but can't find it. Thanks. What
Sponsored

Last edited:

BG500

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Supra
You can change it with Bimmercode to an animation instead of the Welcome screen, but you can't completely remove it as far as I know. From Bimmercode web page :
Start screen
The type of start screen that is displayed when the head unit starts up.

Values:
  • Animation
  • Welcome screen
Requirements:
  • ā€œHeadunitā€ HU_NBT_EVO control unit

ARAKNID

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 prem. Supra Ford F-150 Jeep Gr Cherokee
What would happen if you changed the name to [space} [space]. At least Then it would only say "WELCOME "

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You can change it with Bimmercode to an animation instead of the Welcome screen, but you can't completely remove it as far as I know. From Bimmercode web page :
Start screen
The type of start screen that is displayed when the head unit starts up.

Values:
  • Animation
  • Welcome screen
Requirements:
  • ā€œHeadunitā€ HU_NBT_EVO control unit
Yes, I have the Christmas animation. But the Welcome screen is still there which I want to get rid of.

calmeda1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Yes, I have the Christmas animation. But the Welcome screen is still there which I want to get rid of.
The previous owner's profile is most likely configured. You can actually make a profile on your Supra with various preferences like Sports Mode Configuration, Equalizer settings, seat adjustment, and even have it display your name when you get in your car. After you make that profile, you can assign it to a key (mainly used if you're not the only driver of the car, so that each person can have their settings switch to their preferences automatically).

To change this, go to My Vehicle>Driver Profiles. In there, you'll probably see the previous person's name. Click it and then select Reset Driver Profile.

After that, you can make your own profile and go crazy with your preferences!

In terms of fully removing the welcome screen, I don't think you can actually remove it. If you don't want any name, then don't add a name to your profile (or choose the "guest" profile).

NOTE: Something I noticed is that when you make changes to your headunit in Bimmercode, it will wipe specific preferences and you'll have to configure them again.

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Go to My vehicle / Driver profile and simply reset to change or eliminate name...

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I think at some point people got confused. My screen does not say Welcome Joe Blow. I used that as an example. It says Welcome Matthew. I set it up. I was investigating the possibility of removing the Welcome screen altogether which doesn't seem possible.

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
I was just going to confirm this as I thought you were just saying that as an example. I wouldnā€™t be surprised if there is a way to do this in BimmerCode via expert mode, but Iā€™m by no way certain so unless you are ballsy enough to try it, which I wouldnā€™t recommend even with the backups, I would just let it be. Best to not take the chance of really messing something up just to remove a screen that doesnā€™t have any effect on anything.
Sponsored