Software Developers? Cluster/Screen dev

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
This is a perfect example of something I would ASSume should be easy enough to modify the code to change the labels to "Boost" and "Ethanol".. why only change the values? This is a big part of what I was asking for access to. The UI. build new screens with different graphics, data, etc.

Wondering if that's possible or if they have that side of the software completely locked down..
because they just hijack the signal to the display and route actual boost data item to it
Sponsored

Sharocks

First Name
Sha
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 A91 MT, 04 M3, 05 M3, 00 M5, 00 Z3M, 04 X5 6MT
Yo one of you nerds figure out how to get oil temp showing.

That's really importante.

LOL

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2022 Mazda 3 Turbo
This is a perfect example of something I would ASSume should be easy enough to modify the code to change the labels to "Boost" and "Ethanol".. why only change the values? This is a big part of what I was asking for access to. The UI. build new screens with different graphics, data, etc.

Wondering if that's possible or if they have that side of the software completely locked down..
I am not familiar with car software specifics, but I highly suspect those labels are hard coded into the headunit software/firmware or whatever, making it very hard to modify as the code running the headunit probably needs to be signed. The data values displayed come in via inputs which can be hijacked and manipulated/replaced on the bus.

ChrisMK5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0
Yo one of you nerds figure out how to get oil temp showing.

That's really importante.

LOL
Fun fact, if you long hold the reset miles traveled button on the bottom left corner of your dash where mph and revs are displayed. You'll be taken to a screen in which you'll find a few extra features, usually accessed for dynoing amongst other things. However if you single click the same button to scroll down you'll find an "unlock" prompt. Long hold again to access it and you'll be prompted to input a value. This value should be the last 6 digits of your vin added together. Single click again to go through the numbers starting from 0 up to whatever you added. After you input your added value, long hold again and it'll back you out to where the unlock prompt you clicked on was. However, this time if you scroll down, again by single clicking, you'll find a temperature prompt, which when long held, will bring up your coolant and oil temps. Downside is that you'll need to repeat this process each time you restart the car.
Sponsored