What’s your biggest disappointment ?

AngelsofVerdun

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
N/A
The instrument cluster has way too much wasted space. Wish we could pull up some useful gauges without going through the “secret” menu.
Yep, I wanted to track oil temps easily. However, having to navigate into the secret menu to check temps every time became cumbersome. It's shocking because my M2C has an oil temp read-out on the gauge cluster that is easy to get to.
Sponsored

Powaup

First Name
Clyde
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Youtube.com
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra
Opening the trunk is a pain in the a**. No button on the trunk and if you close your door after opening the trunk via button it shuts itself.

I’ve tried twisting the knob things too but never lasts

AngelsofVerdun

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
N/A
Can't believe I think im the first saying it but the design of the cup holders is terrible. Let me just bend my whole body to grab my water bottle.

& heated steering wheel..
It's going to become a more common complaint for those with the manual transmissions, too. It is very clear that the Z4 packaging did not entirely match the intentions/goals that BMW had for this car.

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
While many of my gripes are solvable with aftermarket solutions (more composed suspension, better looking steering wheel, confident horn), the one thing that will always bother me is the relative lack of steering feel. Yes, the steering is accurate, and the car turns in beautifully, but the wheel is mostly dead. I've got an aggressive track alignment on mine now (0 front toe, -3 neg camber), but it made no difference in feel. It's surely due to the BMW electric power steering setup, which is a real shame in an otherwise great driving, and very capable car.
Ah yes I forgot about this one. Steering feel was one of the biggest let downs when I first test drove the car. I'm used to it now so it doesn't really phase me anymore. I came from an Alfa Romeo Giulia which had the best steering feel I've personally ever felt in a car and before the Alfa I had an FRS. So yeah, this cars steering feel is def a let down.

Callabrator

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Refraction Blue A91 Edition Supra
Ah yes I forgot about this one. Steering feel was one of the biggest let downs when I first test drove the car. I'm used to it now so it doesn't really phase me anymore. I came from an Alfa Romeo Giulia which had the best steering feel I've personally ever felt in a car and before the Alfa I had an FRS. So yeah, this cars steering feel is def a let down.
Heh, my previous car was an Alfa Giulia Quad too. And even though both cars have electric power steering, the Alfa is just in a different league in that regard.

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Heh, my previous car was an Alfa Giulia Quad too. And even though both cars have electric power steering, the Alfa is just in a different league in that regard.
Unfortunately mine wasn't a Quad 😭. I had a Q4 TI sport. But yes the steering feel on that car was amazing. Also the Alfa steering wheel and paddles made the Supra's wheel and dinky paddles feel that much worse.

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
It doesn't come with a 3jz, there's no targa top, it doesn't have an S58, it's not x-drive, it doesn't come with 1000hp from factory like how all Supras "should" according to the 10 yr old kids, it's not built by toyota, it's not BMW enough to just have a bmw badge instead of a toyota one, it's not twin turbo, it doesn't have NOS, i can't race ferrari's cause they're scared because of a certain particular movie. At least i got the "GR" version according to some people. 😂😂😂

NFamous60

First Name
Jau
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2016 zx10 fully built
Seems like my disappointment is more of a saving grace. Considering the issues that everyone has with their premiums, from HUD, sound system, Apple play, lack of Android support. My non premium saved me few grand so the things we have in common dnt seem that bad since I ain't olpay for the extra disappointment 👀👀👀

MYA90SUPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra premium
Yep, I wanted to track oil temps easily. However, having to navigate into the secret menu to check temps every time became cumbersome. It's shocking because my M2C has an oil temp read-out on the gauge cluster that is easy to get to.
My diesel passat had more info than the supra does. I don't understand why car companies don't have that I formation easily accessible.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I didn't drive mine long without the front-end SPL upgrades. You guys are right that it feels less connected stock. What a difference those parts made! I didn't buy them for the "feel" but wow what a difference... The remainder of my SPL parts (mostly rear end) are being put on this week before driving at Homestead next week. And praying they don't cancel it for the next hurricane :umbrella:

Callabrator

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Refraction Blue A91 Edition Supra
I didn't drive mine long without the front-end SPL upgrades. You guys are right that it feels less connected stock. What a difference those parts made! I didn't buy them for the "feel" but wow what a difference... The remainder of my SPL parts (mostly rear end) are being put on this week before driving at Homestead next week. And praying they don't cancel it for the next hurricane :umbrella:
Interesting, I'm guessing it's to do more with the replacement of rubber bushings with spherical bearings & heim joints more than any geometry change?

AngelsofVerdun

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
N/A
My diesel passat had more info than the supra does. I don't understand why car companies don't have that I formation easily accessible.
For what it's worth, excluding oil temperature information, my M2C doesn't offer much else. Meanwhile, the Chevrolet and Ford vehicles offer all of the information an enthusiast can desire( and even more). My Camaro 1SS has just about every sensor mapped in the GUI of their vehicle software. With that being said, I would still take my previous '20 MKV or current M2C over that Camaro or any non-GS Corvette any day.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Interesting, I'm guessing it's to do more with the replacement of rubber bushings with spherical bearings & heim joints more than any geometry change?
That would make sense. I'm not mechanically inclined to say the least. Just like to drive... But I sure do love this car for the power to weight and overall package for this price point!
Sponsored