What did you do to your Supra today?

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
Are you sure those foam pads are for sound? When I looked at mine it appears they’re used as water barriers. I can see dried water with dirt in the air pickup tube.

-RJM

11C39494-EB85-4264-876B-CE2AB591CC8F.jpeg
I thought the same thing but after market enclosed intakes that make use of the factory air dam don't have any sort of water barrier. Not exactly sure where the air dam opening is behind the bumper but I can't see water getting in there unless you're speeding during a rainstorm lol.

Kiske

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1988 FC3S, 2015 Evo X FE, 2018 tS, 2021 A90 3.0
Did my paid survey that I was signed up for after doing the post purchase one. Was 3 questions. What mods have you done, $$$ spent on them, and what brands from a list do you feel associate with the GR Supra brand.

finally had time to install my te37 sagas
Is that the Mag Blue or Matte Blue Gunmetal? Looks great on Turbulence! A light contrast without being too over the top.

Last edited:

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Nice! How difficult was the install?
It was really simple and straight forward. First you assemble the two piece shield with the included Allen bolts. Then you remove 2 bolts from stock shield and mount the Verus one in that location.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
It was really simple and straight forward. First you assemble the two piece shield with the included Allen bolts. Then you remove 2 bolts from stock shield and mount the Verus one in that location.
Say's you. I dropped one of the black spacers and now it's gone forever. Time to run to the hardware store. ;)

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Say's you. I dropped one of the black spacers and now it's gone forever. Time to run to the hardware store. ;)
Oh no! ?

I was wondering if someone was going to do that. There is certainly an abyss below that area. I have a washer down there somewhere to retrieve from when I installed my strut brace.

I figured I would drop the skid plate during my next oil change and look for it.

-RJM

Reactions: zrk

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Nitro, FJ Cruiser 2012
K&N drop in filter, already felt a boost in throttle response (I'm tuned)

PXL_20210526_173950044.jpg

Also removed the charcoal sound dampener that rests under the filter.
I would never, ever use that filter. I did on a turbo and why do you think it gets more boost? Sure, it passes more air and dirt! I ruined my engine and had to get a replacement. I contacted K&N and they were of and would be no help. The mechanic I used, who had a big shop, showed me the damage caused. Told me the same thing, don't ever use this type of filter!

Supercompact

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
I bought a used CTS intake from a member here and installed it yesterday. Throttle response feels improved, but could be placebo. The sounds is AMAZING though! Totally worth it just for that fact.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I would never, ever use that filter. I did on a turbo and why do you think it gets more boost? Sure, it passes more air and dirt! I ruined my engine and had to get a replacement. I contacted K&N and they were of and would be no help. The mechanic I used, who had a big shop, showed me the damage caused. Told me the same thing, don't ever use this type of filter!
I'm uh.. not sure about that. You're saying the filter let in enough debris/particulate to get into the turbo, pass through the turbo fins, compress, and make it all the way into the block and caused serious block damage? Because of a drop in filter? Call me a little suspect on this one.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I learned the hard way also many years ago with the spray lube filters. Over time the oil atomizes then coats MAF sensors and throttle bodies. Since then I only run OEM filters, its just not worth the 2-3Hp gain.

-RJM

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm uh.. not sure about that. You're saying the filter let in enough debris/particulate to get into the turbo, pass through the turbo fins, compress, and make it all the way into the block and caused serious block damage? Because of a drop in filter? Call me a little suspect on this one.
Why would I post something that isn't true? Look at my past posts. I don't do that. I am talking from experience. There was a lot of fine particles past the filter and yes, it caused excessive wear. So you are saying no filter is needed or just a simple mesh with oil on it? Sorry, but if you want to pay 1000s for a new engine go ahead. I am posting my experience and what the mechanic found. Excessively worn parts and fine dust! Saying suspect is saying I am lying.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I learned the hard way also many years ago with the spray lube filters. Over time the oil atomizes then coats MAF sensors and throttle bodies. Since then I only run OEM filters, its just not worth the 2-3Hp gain.

-RJM
That sounds right - I just said I'm not totally sure that we're talking about engine replacement here. For all of the cars I've had, I've never actually a throttle body or failed MAP sensor or anything along those lines cause enough damage to warrant an engine replacement. Blow turbo, value replacement, sure.

Saying suspect is saying I am lying.
No, I'm not, I'm just saying I'm suspect. A little bit of particulate or filter oil can 100% cause damage, I'm not denying that. I've just never seen an engine replacement because of it. To me, it just seems like it would have to be an absolutely perfect set of circumstances to actually lead to something as catastrophic as an engine replacement.

But what if I did flat out say you're lying? I'm just some idiot on the internet. Don't take it all so personally - the situation just seemed odd to me.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That sounds right - I just said I'm not totally sure that we're talking about engine replacement here. For all of the cars I've had, I've never actually a throttle body or failed MAP sensor or anything along those lines cause enough damage to warrant an engine replacement. Blow turbo, value replacement, sure.

No, I'm not, I'm just saying I'm suspect. A little bit of particulate or filter oil can 100% cause damage, I'm not denying that. I've just never seen an engine replacement because of it. To me, it just seems like it would have to be an absolutely perfect set of circumstances to actually lead to something as catastrophic as an engine replacement.

But what if I did flat out say you're lying? I'm just some idiot on the internet. Don't take it all so personally - the situation just seemed odd to me.
I agree everyone has their own experience to contribute. They keep selling these type filters for a reason. They’re quite popular and many people rave about them. In the end run what you think is best for your car and driving style.

Hey its Friday, beers for everyone. ??

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

It matters because I would hate to see it happen to someone else, though it has and I am giving a warning here from actual experience. I have also rebuilt engines but when the engine got bad, I was not somewhere, where I could work on it (I was doing travel nursing). The mechanic ran a few racing cars and said he had seen the issue before. I had used, cleaned correctly and seated correctly the filter for quite a few 1000 miles before this happened. I also used synthetic oil changed every 5000 miles. Anyway, do as you please.