What did you do to your Supra today?

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
Had to drive her through the snow to get back home, but finally had the wheels powder coated yesterday. Ended up going with Satin Black, really happy with how they turned out. Since the wheels were already off, might as well add the 13mm / 15mm spacers right? :p

67F3CB54-FA84-4ADB-AA47-7687C7159674.jpeg
Nikko is that an old Cutlass under that car cover?!

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
I spent a little bit of time tinkering with the GoPro mount on the Raceseng tow hook. Given that the Supra's bumper extends out past the the area where we mount the tow hook, I couldn't fit the GoPro right way up since there wasn't enough space. The collision area is circled on the picture below.

I watched Raceseng's install video and it looks like the design expects the the entire hook to extend out of the body, like on the tow hook of an F8X M3/4, which is why it doesn't work here.

I flipped the mount upside down and have hung the GoPro off of it. It seems sturdy. Only way is to see what happens during a cruise today. Easier to flip the video in post-processing rather than a implement a hardware solution that doesn't potentially compromise the towing functionality of the hook.
5C167788-1AF2-458F-8EC4-4FC3B7E3E872.jpg.jpeg

Reactions: zrk

SupraGR21

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra Premium
$220 for the alignment and $165 for a corner balancing. Total was $360 after a membership discount.

It's on the higher side, but they do real good work with some high end and rarer cars.

Edit: $500 is ridiculously high though. Depending on shop, you should be somewhere between $100-$250.
Yea Toyota quoted me that, some bs about high tech machines and car needing to be reprogrammed with alignment service every time.

TheBayA90

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Nocturnal A90, 2021 Lexus RX350 F sport
Yea Toyota quoted me that, some bs about high tech machines and car needing to be reprogrammed with alignment service every time.
I was also quoted high on an alignment. About $340 with a reprogramming needed.
Anyone here run into problems after getting an alignment from an independent shop?

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Total BS.

I align my Supra with string and metal rods. Perfectly fine. You'll actually find GT car racing teams doing it this way as well.

IMG_4375.jpeg

IMG_4376.jpeg

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
@razorlab wow.. I did not know people still did this. Good for you, it's a lot of work but definitely a fun tuning device!

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
@razorlab wow.. I did not know people still did this. Good for you, it's a lot of work but definitely a fun tuning device!
Yup, like I said, GT race teams, Porsche Racing teams, other teams still do it this way. Of course they also have fancy $$$$ caster plates and hub mount setups so you can align without the wheels on and have it at ride height still.

Once you understand how it works and set it up correctly it actually doesn't take very long. For small adjustments, it maybe takes me an hour or so. When I completely redid the suspension with coilovers and SPL bits it took me a couple hours to set everything. Now it's under an hour for adjustments.

Measuring camber is even easier. I just use a straight edge level that spans the wheel and a $35 digital angle gauge to read camber.

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
I was also quoted high on an alignment. About $340 with a reprogramming needed.
Anyone here run into problems after getting an alignment from an independent shop?
I’ve had two alignments done by an independent BMW/VW performance shop with no issues. It was about $140 each time.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Yup, like I said, GT race teams, Porsche Racing teams, other teams still do it this way. Of course they also have fancy $$$$ caster plates and hub mount setups so you can align without the wheels on and have it at ride height still.

Once you understand how it works and set it up correctly it actually doesn't take very long. For small adjustments, it maybe takes me an hour or so. When I completely redid the suspension with coilovers and SPL bits it took me a couple hours to set everything. Now it's under an hour for adjustments.

Measuring camber is even easier. I just use a straight edge level that spans the wheel and a $35 digital angle gauge to read camber.
I get you man. I use to do it myself long time ago when I use to mod my suspension all the time. Honestly raising the car up each time to get my pumpkin head under there to make adjustments was a hassle, but as you said, well worth it given the suspension compresses to its operating position with some push-down. Some progressive rate springs would just not push back so only used this technique on linear spring cars.

I guess thrust angle was something I couldn't really check afterwards as some cars are tweaked from the factory. Anyway good stuff.