What did you do to your Supra today?

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
My man. Exactly what I needed. I appreciate it - thank you! I just pressed order on the airbox. Is the seal pretty solid where the metal air intake panels meet the inside of the engine compartment? Also where the turbo inlet pipe sticks through into the interior of the box created by the system? Seems like it's a pretty high-quality part but thought I would inquire. There's always my favorite tool ever for home and car projects if not... spray foam!
The seal is alright, but all these intakes are so-so IAT because they're trapped in the engine bay. All the marketing about boxes/carbon/inlets in the world can't defeat being trapped in a hot metal box.

xkenx1995

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Got a dash cam and spent my twin’s nap time today (2hrs) furiously trying to get the rear cam setup done. My dumbass lead the thick side of the cable in first and I paid for it when I got to the rubber hose opening. Absolute bitch getting the cable through that rubber hose.

Otherwise install was not to bad. Used a dremel to make a guide hole for the wire in the brake light trim cover.

Didn’t have time to open up the interior panel behind the seatbelts to hide the extra wire slack - if anyone knows how to do that let me know, hope to get it done tonight after the twins go down for the night.

30FE6B59-BACF-4F44-866A-9487017A4612.jpeg
How did you hide the wire from the hatch lid to behind the seat belt area? Did you use the tube that conceals the wiring to the brake light?

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
The seal is alright, but all these intakes are so-so IAT because they're trapped in the engine bay. All the marketing about boxes/carbon/inlets in the world can't defeat being trapped in a hot metal box.
Yeah, I suspected as much. It's kind of like my dumbass 17yo self drilling small holes in the top of my GTI's airbox so it could suck in all the hot air from the engine compartment. Still going to try and plug any gaps with... something. These heat MGMT projects I actually enjoy.

BraveDemon

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra; 19 TTRS; 19 Velar P380 HSE; 15 GLA45 AMG

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
834DA836-7218-4297-B305-CF49B473DA36.jpeg
55716E06-0C4B-426D-A24E-79E40BCDE5B5.jpeg
00708B38-230A-4BD4-9A93-D867D0E6D63B.jpeg

For the first time ever, i cut/ polished A supra... aka mine lol. Been long over due, been needing to do it for about a year now and never got around to doing it, buuut today i got time cuhz. 👀 also applied a new layer of ceramic lol.

irixyoctane

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90
Installed my new dry carbon replacement air box for the MST intake. I didn't bother with getting a good finish as this is just a test of my plug and mold and there are several issues that aren't worth fixing. Made with two layers of Torayca T800H-6K pre-preg carbon fiber. The entire box with titanium hardware and gaskets comes in right at 12.4oz. Because the original MST air box was SOOOO heavy. :rolleyes::)

PXL_20220916_114309376.jpg

PXL_20220916_131313368.jpg

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
Sold her! I was given an offer I couldn't pass up. Plus I got an email the other day saying the Supra connect was about to expire, and the warranty technically expires next year so I wanted to get rid of it before the value took a nose-dive. It was fun but it's time to move on. Going to be doing the 100% bike life for a couple months until my Emira comes in :)

Hope you all continue to enjoy these amazing cars! I may come back to the Supra family if/when they release an electric/hybrid model in a few years.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Sold her! I was given an offer I couldn't pass up. Plus I got an email the other day saying the Supra connect was about to expire, and the warranty technically expires next year so I wanted to get rid of it before the value took a nose-dive. It was fun but it's time to move on. Going to be doing the 100% bike life for a couple months until my Emira comes in :)

Hope you all continue to enjoy these amazing cars! I may come back to the Supra family if/when they release an electric/hybrid model in a few years.
Good luck to you and take care!

PeteBaja

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Pro, Toyota MR2 Mk3, Audi A2
The Supra got a run around the Mourne Mountains in Northern Ireland, stopping off at Spelga Dam.
Making the most of the Indian summer, a nice sunny day late in the year.
The car was attracting a lot of interest during a coffee stop in Newcastle, I was keeping a close eye on the car having my cup of joe at a table outdoors while passers-by checked the car out and thankfully a girl parking her BMW 3 series was being extra careful parking just in front!
20220916_130007.jpg

Awales74

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Mazda 6
Share the recipe please
1 can Rustoleum High Heat - Black
1 rubber mallet to knock of tips
1 wife who will laugh at your for doing stupid stuff in the kitchen

Knock off tips -- takes a few pretty firm whacks with rubber mallet. Seen it done with a hammer and micro fiber towel. Aim more towards the back of the car rather than up to avoid deformation. Follow directions on back of can for painting - it's regular old spray paint so do the obvious. Do follow through with the off vehicle bake instructions. Having your wife laugh at you is optional. Recommend taking her to dinner to avoid noxious fumes as the fresh paint bakes.

Edit -- add some artwork to help visualize the shenanigans

PXL_20220910_202011032.jpg

Last edited:

tjk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium Nitro Yellow
1 can Rustoleum High Heat - Black
1 rubber mallet to knock of tips
1 wife who will laugh at your for doing stupid stuff in the kitchen

Knock off tips -- takes a few pretty firm whacks with rubber mallet. Seen it done with a hammer and micro fiber towel. Aim more towards the back of the car rather than up to avoid deformation. Follow directions on back of can for painting - it's regular old spray paint so do the obvious. Do follow through with the off vehicle bake instructions. Having your wife laugh at you is optional. Recommend taking her to dinner to avoid noxious fumes as the fresh paint bakes.
Thanks, appreciate it. Pretty sure my wife is already thankful too.