What did you do to your Supra today?

Teleguy11

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR, 2017 Highlander Limited Platinum
Except they don't look like absolute shit, and while they're 95% form, there's definitely a wee bit of quantifiable function there too.
Is it enough to make a difference? Hell no. Is it enough to shut the haters up at the car shows? HELL YEAH!

Well worth my hard earned money IMO
I'm wondering where the 5% function is. Is it airflow? Cooling?
Look closely at the underside of your hood. To provide airflow, cutting will be required.
Not trying to be negative, just don't subscribe to the "function" aspect.

Teleguy11

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR, 2017 Highlander Limited Platinum
Drove the supra down to my parents house for our family Christmas party. Had 4 subis and 1 mustang (pretty much all at the same time) wanting to race on the short 5 mile freeway journey there. Also got a thumbs up from the 5th subi I saw. Ever since I put the aero on, big wang specifically, this car gets 1000x more attention. Couldn't imagine daily driving this thing. Would get me in a lot of trouble.
So did you beat the subis and the stang?

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
Can I just buy the airbag cover?
Yeah hit up @NitroYellowMKV he sells them i bought the whole thing as a Black Friday package and I love it the quality was very good!!!

Also install is straightforward there were a lot of videos online that helpedā€¦ it is a pain in the ass to get the airbag unit off because the clips are difficult to depress and the clips for the paddle shifters are a pain also but once you get those off itā€™s very easy to swap everything.

my upshift paddle is .5-1mm off compared to downshift paddle because i forgot to double check it before reinstalling the airbag but I'm prob the only person that will ever notice that so itā€™s whatever just my OCDā€¦ but make sure you double and triple check everything before putting the airbag back in!!!

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
Amazing, great look! How easy is the air bag cover swap?
Super easy just a pain in the ass to get the airbag off initially but once itā€™s off everything else was (minus the connection for the paddles which was a bitch)

The new airbag cover rlly makes the wheel feel and look luxurious almost like an M3/4

Iā€™m thinking about getting some satin black thick whips badges now for the exterior to match the steering wheel logo

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah hit up @NitroYellowMKV he sells them i bought the whole thing as a Black Friday package and I love it the quality was very good!!!

Also install is straightforward there were a lot of videos online that helpedā€¦ it is a pain in the ass to get the airbag unit off because the clips are difficult to depress and the clips for the paddle shifters are a pain also but once you get those off itā€™s very easy to swap everything.

my upshift paddle is .5-1mm off compared to downshift paddle because i forgot to double check it before reinstalling the airbag but I'm prob the only person that will ever notice that so itā€™s whatever just my OCDā€¦ but make sure you double and triple check everything before putting the airbag back in!!!
Thanks but I already have an aftermarket steering wheel. I just want the airbag cover. Yes youā€™re right though, the biggest pain was getting the airbag off. Everything else is easy peasy.

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
Just FYI - pulling the airbag off the second time is infinitely easier than the first since now you have a feel for it. The first time I pulled mine it took like 20 min, the second time it took 3-4 min, the third time less than 2. You should be able to pop the airbag back off and fix the shifter very quickly.

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
Just FYI - pulling the airbag off the second time is infinitely easier than the first since now you have a feel for it. The first time I pulled mine it took like 20 min, the second time it took 3-4 min, the third time less than 2. You should be able to pop the airbag back off and fix the shifter very quickly.
Itā€™s not off by that much itā€™s something nobody else would notice and i donā€™t wanna poke holes in the new wheel lol

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tesla M3P