What did you do to your Supra today?

roddrsw

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra MT
Hit up Road Atlanta with @Marsone and had a blast. We came away from it with some free brake pads from a fellow supra driver who is an instructor with NASA. The roof rack gave me some small indentations from the suction cups this time, I might try to finally get around to see if I can find someone to custom fab a trailer hitch so I can do a wheel trailer instead. I also had a family get together nearby and found a cool pull off spot to take a picture.

I've been competing in autox for a year on 200tw tires but didn't want to take the dive for track days until I was out of the newbie group with NASA and this was the inaugural event with the set of Titan7 TS5's with 200tw tires I got off another forum member. All I can say is that the car handles exactly how I had always dreamed. The girl is a looker and was pulling eyes from tons of people at the event. Had lots of people coming up after each session wanting to talk about it. The highlight to my weekend was smashing the 1:40 mark and getting a 1:38.64 with fairly easy room to bring that into the 1:37s if I had more laps without traffic. I was consistently hitting 1:39s and 1:40's in traffic.

20230609_165539.jpg

20230611_161200.jpg

20230610_204004.jpg
wow could you tell us about this roof rack? very interesting...

Traxion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
wow could you tell us about this roof rack? very interesting...
It's a variation of @Suggs.OR rack setup. You can look at his build thread but in general it's Seasucker monkey bars paired with a standard rack and then I use ratchet straps to keep the tires down. The rack has 4 mounting points to connect to the bars. I also use one strap to keep the the rack secured to the monkey bars. This is the rack I bought: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073G49NPV

I used a couple cans of plastidip on it to avoid rusting.

Marsone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ISF, FRS
Hit up Road Atlanta with @Marsone and had a blast. We came away from it with some free brake pads from a fellow supra driver who is an instructor with NASA. The roof rack gave me some small indentations from the suction cups this time, I might try to finally get around to see if I can find someone to custom fab a trailer hitch so I can do a wheel trailer instead. I also had a family get together nearby and found a cool pull off spot to take a picture.

I've been competing in autox for a year on 200tw tires but didn't want to take the dive for track days until I was out of the newbie group with NASA and this was the inaugural event with the set of Titan7 TS5's with 200tw tires I got off another forum member. All I can say is that the car handles exactly how I had always dreamed. The girl is a looker and was pulling eyes from tons of people at the event. Had lots of people coming up after each session wanting to talk about it. The highlight to my weekend was smashing the 1:40 mark and getting a 1:38.64 with fairly easy room to bring that into the 1:37s if I had more laps without traffic. I was consistently hitting 1:39s and 1:40's in traffic.

20230609_165539.jpg

20230611_161200.jpg

20230610_204004.jpg
It was nice meeting and getting to drive with you. December can’t come soon enough.

Rensuhlo

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA

20230609_165539.jpg

20230611_161200.jpg

20230610_204004.jpg
Im local to Road ATL and have a small Supra group who regularly meet up if you're interested.

MYA90SUPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra premium
Damn right it is! You think customers and salespeople are ornery without coffee...watch what happens when the Technician coffee machine goes down :oops:
I wouldn't want to witness that. Might be called as a witness to several murder cases.

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
Every time I wash my supra I almost do that exact same thing. It catches on EVERYTHING.
~ it never happens to me… for I removed the badge at time of purchase along with the GR for the simplistic look.

IMG_7958.jpeg