What did you do to your Supra today?

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I did misread that. You're right. Time for some tires it sounds like.
A 2.24 60' isn't just tires. Let's get you some launching lessons. Someone has my post around here somewhere, right?

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
A 2.24 60' isn't just tires. Let's get you some launching lessons. Someone has my post around here somewhere, right?
I’m using your technique from that post. Pump the brake pedal, hold gas around 3k rpm and let her rip in 2nd. I know I’m fucking up the shifting points but also the tires burn 2nd thru 3rd sometimes 4th. Maybe a big burnout to warm them up, IDK…been a long time since I raced…

Reactions: zrk

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I’m using your technique from that post. Pump the brake pedal, hold gas around 3k rpm and let her rip in 2nd. I know I’m fucking up the shifting points but also the tires burn 2nd thru 3rd sometimes 4th. Maybe a big burnout to warm them up, IDK…been a long time since I raced…
Yeah, lower tire pressure. What tires do you have? You shouldn't burn -that- much.

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
@zrk ill hit this weekend, log it and send to you and Jesse. Know it’s me, Jesse did a great job with my tune…

• Love
Reactions: zrk

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
Coated Seats, Boot Liner, and partially footwells and head liner too (wherever I could reach without risking overspray on trim) with GTechniq l1 AB v3, the newest version which does waterproof, anti mould and antibacterial fabric coating.

It's a yearly treatment more or less, I used it (v2) in 2022 when I bought the car new, and I was genuinely impressed that it wasn't a gymmick (see image below for alcantara water beading) so decided to do it again now the car is 1 year old.

Also tested water beading now before applying, and it was gone, so product effect did expire as expected in just under a year.

It is a nasty job IMO, as it smells a Lot, you need gloves and mask, strong alcohol smell which will dwell in the car for several days and requires a lot of time to dry (24 hrs) currently airing it out.

My car sits long periods 2-3 weeks at a time in a damp garage even though I run a dehumidifier and try to ventilate frequently. I have a 'mould phobia' if that's a thing lol, so trying to avoid any surprises,
/ reduce risk, just in case...

20230909_150954.jpg

Screenshot_20230909_152515_Gallery.png

20230909_152325.jpg