What did you do to your Supra today?

AustinGRSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
There is some irony in the fact that dude got butthurt and tried to shut down the conversation when he was called out for his dumb plate but thinks everyone else is too sensitive?
yep, stupid fucking plate on several levels. It is amusing that someone would think they’re being clever by creating that vanity plate. SMH.

Last edited:

Jnhalstead

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra
Got pictures taken. My buddy has never photographed cars before

34D0B905-E586-453E-AF12-3F81985E7692.jpeg

9B89C3CF-6145-446F-A713-C18FC9094855.jpeg

4DAF3939-0D40-4661-93BC-0DC68D4D8F5F.jpeg

darkloki

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra MKIV Turbo Six Speed Getrag v160 BPU
Vehicle Showcase
Little late to the whole conversation but to put this into perspective my wife is Korean and I'm part Japanese/Vietnamese. The Japanese flag represents the rising sun. We've seen the flag 1,000's of times it's a white flag with a red dot or circle.. No Biggy.... However my wife is horified and hates the rising sun flag of Japan.

4960.jpg

To her it represents the opression Japan commited against Korea. Maybe she's too sensite maybe she isn't. But she isn't alone in her thoughts or fears :

Think of it as the US Southern States Flag during the Civil War Era. That flag represents different things to different people. The South, Southern States, Slavery, Racism, Soutnern Hospitality, Comfort Food, ETC, you get the point...

0x0.jpg

Well not until too long ago this flag was also the state flag of Mississippi until they changed it.

At the end of the day I love my wife because she allows me to be me and loves me for who I am and allows me to have fun and keep all of my fun toys. And I respect her and don't really parade around with that paticular flag or anything close to it.

Just today I saw a Supra MKIV in a video that had it, and I was like oh I'd get killed by my wife for having it. I'm sure the owner or other people have no clue though:

Screenshot 2022-02-17 161602.png

So the point is a little education doesn't hurt anyone, maybe we're all being too sensitive but if it's someone you care about and love you too would make an adjustment as I have. In general we should be kinder to everyone the world needs it, the internet needs it. I'd imagine the car community is small. I know the Supra Community is small and the MKIV Supra Community is even smaller and closer knit.

Be respectful to everyone and I promise you it'll pay back in large dividends as it's done wonders for me.

Last edited:

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
My girlfriend drives my 2017 Highlander Limited Platinum.... No complaints from her.... ?
Ha! No complaints about the Crosstrek either. She came from an Audi Q5 2.0 Premium Plus and likes the Crosstrek more. Her biggest reason is she likes how analog it is compared to the vast majority of vehicles nowadays. We’re old fashioned.

Snowblind20

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Think of it as the US Southern States Flag during the Civil War Era. That flag represents different things to different people. The South, Southern States, Slavery, Racism, Soutnern Hospitality, Comfort Food, ETC, you get the point...

0x0.jpg
Leave it up to some California liberal to tell everyone that a Civil War battle flag was the "flag of the Confederate States of America".

darkloki

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Leave it up to some California liberal to tell everyone that a Civil War battle flag was the "flag of the Confederate States of America".
I'm confused on what part of my post stated that I was a liberal. If you could edcuate me on that it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

_Sp1ral0ut

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tahoe, Razor E100
The third flag of the CSA was this:

1645155320798.png

The battle flag took the "union" design and stretched it over the entire flag, which was influenced by the second (?) navy flag. I think we all know what it stands for today. It's like when the meaning of the swastika was altered, which was a spiritual symbol before Nazis came along. If you saw a swastika today - would you think of divinity and spirituality or Nazi Germany?
FYI: I'm not from Cali. and not picking a fight. Just sayin'

darkloki

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The third flag of the CSA was this:

1645155320798.png

The battle flag took the "union" design and stretched it over the entire flag, which was influenced by the second (?) navy flag. I think we all know what it stands for today. It's like when the meaning of the swastika was altered, which was a spiritual symbol before Nazis came along. If you saw a swastika today - would you think of divinity and spirituality or Nazi Germany?
FYI: I'm not from Cali. and not picking a fight. Just sayin'
TY for this, like I've been saying a little education is never a bad thing. For shits and giggles: https://www.quora.com/Why-is-Newport-Beach-CA-so-conservative

See again a little education...