Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
@Evolution @_Sp1ral0ut @FLtrackdays @bushido @zrk @Jesse DaBears

PXL_20231027_214847090.jpg

PXL_20231027_214832168.jpg

PXL_20231027_214900035.jpg

PXL_20231027_215922980.jpg

Update: The car, which I had named Sasha, is totaled. Preliminary repair estimate, in total parts & labor was $41,254.48.

Was able to swap out my Armytrix downpipe, RK Ti exhaust, @NitroYellowMKV steering wheel, JB4, Injen intake, Raceseng shift knob, OEM+ hood vents & center caps, with the stock parts. I signed the papers, turned my keys in, and said my final goodbye yesterday afternoon. I expect her to resurface in the Salvage Registry, and I'll have to update the A91-MT owner's thread.

My insurance company (AmFam), towing service, and body shop experiences have all been truly excellent, which I feel so lucky for, as horror stories are so common.

Chapter two of my MKV story may be over, but chapter three is going to be long and amazing, where the fun will really begin in my opinion. As I wait for the check, the hunt for her replacement has already begun..
I got about $8k over what I paid. When you get that far, let us know. I hope they’re still doing that well. And
 if you happen to find a blue 6 speed with tan interior in your searching, gimme a shout. I have a buddy with a deposit on one. And we all know how that goes

Picked up my car from the wrap. I am NOT happy. It's a solid 10 foot wrap intended for a filming of a commercial....but I'm very very very very unhappy with the quality of the work. They didn't prep the car. They didn't remove my PPF and my OEM hood PPF. They didn't do the corners even remotely decent. Yellow is bleeding from crevices. And it's already peeling and I've had it for (1) day.

Cinema Vehicle Wraps of Atlanta + Millers' Decals in Acworth Atlanta are terrible.
Did you not like the yellow before? Was it wrapped previously? Did they say they could ”unwrap“ it? Just curios and sorry to hear man

@FLtrackdays, yup, drilled 2 holes, crammed some speaker wadding, cut some foam, laid down some Dynamat and closed cell foam 😀

Not terrible difficult, but makes a difference!
Yours looks fantastic! I was just going to cut some holes and call it a day 😂 Do I have to put wadding, foam and Dynamat in there?

It was cool to meet those Toyota dudes there - One of them had a yellow supra a91-cf but I didn't get a chance to look more at it when I noticed. It was parked in a separate area from the section they were in

I asked them about removing the 163mph speed limiter without tuning but was not given a way unfortunately ...
Wait
 you were there too? That’s awesome 😎 I assumed we were speed limited but didn’t know it was 163mph. I bet you can do the BMW app code thing. Whole thread on stuff you can change. I’d mess with it if I knew I wouldn’t turn my car into a giant brick.

Last edited:

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
The face of the 2 piece wheel I designed finally being fabricated. But my Supra order is very far out... So these will just be sitting in the garage waiting.

But it is pretty neat seeing something I envisioned in my head coming to reality.

bk5

First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CUL A91-MT
That's awesome. What did you use to design them? AutoCAD?

6SPDA91

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silverado, S1000R, A91-MT
The face of the 2 piece wheel I designed finally being fabricated. But my Supra order is very far out... So these will just be sitting in the garage waiting.

But it is pretty neat seeing something I envisioned in my head coming to reality.

Wait... you decided to buy another supra?!?!

Thought you were going with a new platform.

djmad

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ Supra MT, 07’ 328i MT, 20’ Civic AT
That’s so cool 😎 dude!!!! Opens up another level with this car for sure. So much fun in addition to looking at her. Hope you take her back for more ❀
Appreciate it 😌 . It totally does. Hoping to take her back out there early next year after I do a few upgrades.
It was cool to meet those Toyota dudes there - One of them had a yellow supra a91-cf but I didn't get a chance to look more at it when I noticed. It was parked in a separate area from the section they were in

I asked them about removing the 163mph speed limiter without tuning but was not given a way unfortunately ...
Oh dang I didn't even see that. Yeah it was cool checking out your car in-person. Truly a dedicated track build. I think I saw you a few times on the freeway. Hopefully I can get a truck too, to tow my car to the track, but then I might go too deep w/ track mods lol.

Trying to keep it somewhere in the middle b/w street and track.

_Sp1ral0ut

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tahoe, Razor E100
Ok now I have to know how the 2 week joke was started.
*rolls up sleeves
*lights a cigarette
*pours a shot of whiskey

It all started years ago. There were folks promising an ECU unlock stateside (not Russia/Finland/Femto unlock). Other performance shops started promising products "next week". Next week became "two weeks". The community here started joking that everything will release "next week", which became "two weeks". We never received a released product or a final result on the products. I changed my avatar and started trolling the people promising products/results by using the cybernetic lady in the OG Total Recall movie. In the movie she malfunctions after saying "two weeks". She became I and I became her. Call it quantum entanglement. Now everything happens "in two weeks".

A man grows what he can, and he tends it. Because what you buy is what you own. And what you own...always comes home to you...

Two weeks.gif