What did you do to your Supra today?

559Supra

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
I have a used VSRF catted downpipe that will be available. I never installed it but it is used.
I'll have the Wheels available, too. They include TPMS and the tires still have plenty of track days left.
@kaj, what wheels do you have?

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I have a used VSRF catted downpipe that will be available. I never installed it but it is used.
I'll have the Wheels available, too. They include TPMS and the tires still have plenty of track days left.
I missed it đŸ˜± You’re selling her and replacing with what for the track?

Traxion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I heard some clunking last week and saw I broke a front endlink. I think it happened during my last autocross so I took the opportunity to go ahead and upgrade to SPL. I talked with an awesome TT driver with an almost fully prepped car at my last track day too and he suggested softening up my sway bar so I went ahead and bumped it down one notch. I'll get to see what the difference feels like when I go to the track in early December.

I also toasted my brake pads and fluids at the track and am finally ready to upgrade those. Installed some DTC60 pads that I got for free from an instructor earlier this year and I've got an appointment next Tuesday to get some Castrol SRF in for the brakes as well. Took about 1.5 hours to do the end links and brake pads. Pretty happy with myself as this is the first car I've ever wrenched on myself.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I missed it đŸ˜± You’re selling her and replacing with what for the track?
No more being a track rat for me. I did competitive track days this season and it was a lot of fun, but a huge component was missing since none of my friends do track days anymore.
There's no more competitiveness between us, no more bench racing, teaching each other to get better, and talking about everything for the days and weeks to come afterward. Track days by myself is just kind of boring.
Soooo...
I went out and bought a car that's nice enough to take the place of the Aston but also engaging enough to do occasional, non-competitive track days.
I'm going to finish out the season. Two more events. Putting the Supra up for sale mid December.
The thing only has about 7,500 mi on it, so hoping she goes quick and painless because I'm honestly a little bummed lol

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
No more being a track rat for me. I did competitive track days this season and it was a lot of fun, but a huge component was missing since none of my friends do track days anymore.
There's no more competitiveness between us, no more bench racing, teaching each other to get better, and talking about everything for the days and weeks to come afterward. Track days by myself is just kind of boring.
Soooo...
I went out and bought a car that's nice enough to take the place of the Aston but also engaging enough to do occasional, non-competitive track days.
I'm going to finish out the season. Two more events. Putting the Supra up for sale mid December.
The thing only has about 7,500 mi on it, so hoping she goes quick and painless because I'm honestly a little bummed lol
Sad to hear but gotta do what‘s best for you! Your Supra tracking experience will be missed 4sho. Maybe everyone thinks your “cheating” in that Supra. I sure feel that way I‘m driving her 😜 Just show the other kids you’re not running meth or twin turbos and they’ll lighten up.

Anyway, wish you were here in FL. Fantastic community of drivers. Many like you that are more competitive than me, yet still include anyone that tracks for fun to all their on & off track events, WhatsApp racing chat, you name it.

Let us know what you settle on and how that car does compared to this one :) Always good to have an honest comparison from real world drivers out there.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Sad to hear but gotta do what‘s best for you! Your Supra tracking experience will be missed 4sho. Maybe everyone thinks your “cheating” in that Supra. I sure feel that way I‘m driving her 😜 Just show the other kids you’re not running meth or twin turbos and they’ll lighten up.

Anyway, wish you were here in FL. Fantastic community of drivers. Many like you that are more competitive than me, yet still include anyone that tracks for fun to all their on & off track events, WhatsApp racing chat, you name it.

Let us know what you settle on and how that car does compared to this one :) Always good to have an honest comparison from real world drivers out there.

I settled on a "classic" exotic. It's nice enough for dates but sporty enough for track days. It's actually track focused - no CC, no cup holder. đŸ€Ł
But it's also very nice just to be in. đŸ‘đŸ»đŸ€˜đŸŒ

Marsone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ISF, FRS
I heard some clunking last week and saw I broke a front endlink. I think it happened during my last autocross so I took the opportunity to go ahead and upgrade to SPL. I talked with an awesome TT driver with an almost fully prepped car at my last track day too and he suggested softening up my sway bar so I went ahead and bumped it down one notch. I'll get to see what the difference feels like when I go to the track in early December.

I also toasted my brake pads and fluids at the track and am finally ready to upgrade those. Installed some DTC60 pads that I got for free from an instructor earlier this year and I've got an appointment next Tuesday to get some Castrol SRF in for the brakes as well. Took about 1.5 hours to do the end links and brake pads. Pretty happy with myself as this is the first car I've ever wrenched on myself.
were these the same pads from June? They lasted a good amount if so, considering how quick you are!

Traxion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
were these the same pads from June? They lasted a good amount if so, considering how quick you are!
Yeah same one's, so they lasted 7 track days and a handful of autocross which is about right on target for what I was expecting. Probably a good thing I finished them off at this last event so I can have some fresh ones for Road Atlanta. Are you still planning on being there?

Marsone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ISF, FRS
Yeah same one's, so they lasted 7 track days and a handful of autocross which is about right on target for what I was expecting. Probably a good thing I finished them off at this last event so I can have some fresh ones for Road Atlanta. Are you still planning on being there?
yep, I’ll be out there if the powers that be allow it.

Last edited:

Kiske

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1988 FC3S, 2015 Evo X FE, 2018 tS, 2021 A90 3.0
OEM+ Aluminum Paddle Magnetic Paddle shifters. Been sitting on them for a minute as I wasn't satisfied with the quality of the aluminum (rough cut alumium with hard edges that was scratched up with some 400 grit sandpaper for a somewhat brushed finish.) I think I probably should have went with the original set from Madtrace/JQWerks [https://mashimarho.com/products/jqwerks-magnetic-paddle-shifters-for-bmws?variant=40015128985699] which has a nicer aluminum paddle design with a lip to catch your fingers.

I'll be getting a new wheel sometime after I get my seats in so we'll see then how I feel. Function wise they are spot on!

20231112_134120.jpg

Blindspot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
446477FE-3100-42A7-B9B1-9EF0A6FFB856.jpeg

Got both my holes filled today
 not that stoked with these Triple Seven plugs. The fit is pretty meh, and why wouldn’t they match the bumper color? I know that 3D printing yields a rough, matte finish but I should have paid more attention when I ordered them. Will need a much nicer solution for the carbon bumper. All the 3D printed stuff I get ends up being actual junk but I don’t learn my lesson 🙄

Edit: I never should have installed them.

Last edited:

kehvin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 3.0 Premium Nocturnal / '20 Tacoma Cement
446477FE-3100-42A7-B9B1-9EF0A6FFB856.jpeg

Got both my holes filled today
 not that stoked with these Triple Seven plugs. The fit is pretty meh, and why wouldn’t they match the bumper color? I know that 3D printing yields a rough, matte finish but I should have paid more attention when I ordered them. Will need a much nicer solution for the carbon bumper. All the 3D printed stuff I get ends up being actual junk but I don’t learn my lesson 🙄
both your holes filled? 😧