What do you do for a living?

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I used to be a director at a software company.

I now explain to people that you cannot write to the second memory area of the ECU with the Femto Unlock and explain 400 times a day that it's a calibration only solution.

It is a solution, it is also calibration only. https://willmy062020plusecugotorussia.com/
Sponsored

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I used to be a director at a software company.

I now explain to people that you cannot write to the second memory area of the ECU with the Femto Unlock and explain 400 times a day that it's a calibration only solution.

It is a solution, it is also calibration only. https://willmy062020plusecugotorussia.com/

I'm also a director, but of design, at a start-up.

What I really do is post on forums how stupid I think people are.

Koval

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0; 2019 F-150 3.5 KR; 2018 Honda GL
Tech consulting/.NET dev. Nothing exciting but pays for the hobbies. Also helps not having kids, they're expensive.

badwolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91, 2021 Jeep Gladiator
I.T. Mgr for a large global mfg company. Hint - think blimp :) Been doing this software/IT thing for like 30 years. Prior to that a chemist with another large mfg company - Think "H'm!, H'm! Good!"

badwolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That's funny, I started as a programmer and now I'm a chemist. Got to say ... I miss the 0/1, on/off, yes/no, true/false, black/white days. Chemistry feels way less absolute.
LOL - Just the opposite - started out as a chemist and ended up software developer and then I.T. Manager... Oh - wait - was this in response to my post? LOL - I get confused following the threads sometimes! Plus I'm old!!!

LateBraker5

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
Procurement director at a SW/HW company in Redmond WA. Started out as a RF engineer in Chicago, and I have no idea how I got here

badwolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Is it?

I would assume that a lot of tech/engineering type would rather gravitate toward cars like the Supra, GTR and Porsches rather than American muscle and pony cars.

White collar vs Blue collar.
I find it interesting though - I've been in IT for 30 years (give or take) and came from a Ford muscle car background - this is my first "tech" car - Love it - However - it may also have something to do with my age as well (60ish).... so I have a longer time with no/low tech vehicles - that's what I grew up with and was comfortable with.....

Diablo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Launch Edition / 2018 4Runner TRD
I find it interesting though - I've been in IT for 30 years (give or take) and came from a Ford muscle car background - this is my first "tech" car - Love it - However - it may also have something to do with my age as well (60ish).... so I have a longer time with no/low tech vehicles - that's what I grew up with and was comfortable with.....
I low key miss leaning across the whole-ass car to hand crank the passenger window down 😔

badwolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I low key miss leaning across the whole-ass car to hand crank the passenger window down 😔
It's quite cathartic! I drive 100 miles round trip everyday - my daily is a 2008 ford ranger with 228k miles. Have to manually roll down my window every day going in/out of work to show guard my badge !
Sponsored