What do you do for a living?

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
Oh yeah I can’t wait till I start hearing that. It’s like me when I am stacking beer, people will walk past and say “hey you can go ahead and put that in my car’’ or “hey man you are at the wrong address, my house is a couple miles up the road” 😒
Still doesn't beat the UK's #1:

Anyone, literally anyone, walking by while I wash my car: "Can you do mine next?!"

Followed by traditional cringe laugh/face.
Sponsored

cbrummell

First Name
carson
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 nitro yellow supra 3.0 premium
fancy answer? "sales and marketing manager for a large private label small animal food manufacture & Third party logistics handling company. "

short answer? "i sell bird seed" 😂

(my license plate is "SEEDMONY")

oreobbq

First Name
oreo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 A91 Refraction Blue
Buy and sell 🐱🐈 + sell fancy looking plastic with squares and the round things that make ur car turn except I make them no longer round and combine it with said fancy plastic with squares. I also dabble in various noise makers, from the stututu kind, to the pop and bang kind and all matters in between.
Ah. Is this you?

maxresdefault.jpg

lucky phil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GTS 2024 MT, Kia Stonic GT, Mazda CX5 GT SP
Practially anyone can get a car loan pretty easily these days. So the real question should be this: Who purchased a Supra and paid cash for it?
Me. Six new cars in the last 7 years and paid cash for all of them. Retired at 57 after 42 years in Aviation. Saw the best years of it.

Phil

Last edited:

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Me. Six new cars in the last 7 years and paid cash for all of them. Retired at 57 after 42 years in Aviation. Saw the best years of it.

Phil
That is the way ☝- Kudos to you brother! More good years to come for sure. Telling my kids to invest more (25% of their income) and earlier than the wife & I did. Low cost index funds. Tracking keeps me working a bit longer. But I like my job. Which helps.

I track with a guy from Australia. He comes here 3-5 months out of the year. If you ever want to hit Sebring or Homestead, gimme a shout!

Last edited:

lucky phil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GTS 2024 MT, Kia Stonic GT, Mazda CX5 GT SP
That is the way ☝- Kudos to you brother! More good years to come for sure. Telling my kids to invest more (20%) and sooner. Wife and I only did 10% of our pay for the longest time - low cost index funds. Tracking keeps me working a bit longer. But like my job. So that helps.

I track with a guy from Australia. He comes here 3-5 months out of the year. If you ever want to hit Sebring or Homestead, gimme a shout!
Yea, good move on the investments and mixing it with pleasure. A good balance is key to keeping sane. If you love your job then it's not like working so keep going. I was living in one city and working in another commuting by air for the last 4 years and although I also loved my work it was taking too much of a toll on the family and to some extent health. So I thought stuff it, time to enjoy what I've worked and sacrificed years for. My first new car was at the age of 47 and I drove that for 11 years. The rest were just ordinary work horses. Hopefully I'll get back to the USA sometime soon. I visited Lagna Seca 8 years ago as I was in the area on holidays and there was a mid week practice day happening which was a bit of luck. Wandered around the track and pits and up to the famous Corkscrew with the wife. Riding/driving it would be fun.

Phil

DR.COKE

First Name
COKE
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SUPRA
medical personal, bought Supra cash. Drove a beater for 20 years. don’t believe in loans as I get older. paid off student loans, 2 homes before touching nice things. I tell every young person go Trade school. Higher education only worth it if parents covers the cost or your willing to work 3 jobs to pay for your school In under 3 years.

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
Was a design engineer for Holley up (how I ended up working and designing with DINAN since Holley owns them) but was laid off Jan of last year. Have been working for Honeywell as a mechanical design engineer in the cryogenics field for the past 7-8 months. Extremely niche field

OP
OP
Mason

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Have been working for Honeywell as a mechanical design engineer in the cryogenics field for the past 7-8 months. Extremely niche field
Aren’t they resideo now?

Vertex

First Name
Vertex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium Supra Matte Storm Gray
Owner of a mortuary service and crematorium
I'm going through this now since I seen it pop up and just had to say if it hasn't already, username checks out with your job title :rofl:

sup.dc2

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mk5mt. DC2. T4R. e46
11 years as an Auto technician for Mercedes-Benz, Sprinter, and Smart car. the Supra is my first "European" car lol
Sponsored