What Parts do we want developed for Supra??

Tsuki

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF
^^^^ who cares? The tach looking digital or not digital is the least of our problems on the car.
I don't disagree, and I'm not a fan of replacement gauge faces at all - I was just trying to help clear up what was either a misconception, or a miscommunication.

As for who cares, though, this is literally a thread about 'what parts do we want developed' - so obviously the person who wants that part developed cares. :)
Sponsored

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
I don't disagree, and I'm not a fan of replacement gauge faces at all - I was just trying to help clear up what was either a misconception, or a miscommunication.

As for who cares, though, this is literally a thread about 'what parts do we want developed' - so obviously the person who wants that part developed cares. :)
Lol good point. Lost track of which thread this was. I thought it was what’s wrong with the car thread ?

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
The numbers for the tach are absolutely not digital, they are printed and backlit, like traditional analog gauges, which is why it's on a raised surface compared to the LCD. Only the blue area in kiske's picture is digital - so, only the center of the gauge, including the needle, are digital. The numbers, and the rest of the raised surface, are part of the plastic housing that goes in front of the LCD screen, and are not in any way digital.
Y'all are confusing digital and analog with static and dynamic displays and it's killing the software engineer in me. The tachometer is w/o question digital. The display is also digital. The face of the display is static. I never even attempted to suggest it was dynamic.

Difference between Digital and Analog is 100% about the source of the signal and has absolutely zero to do with how that information is displayed to an enduser.

Tsuki

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF
Y'all are confusing digital and analog with static and dynamic displays and it's killing the software engineer in of me. The tachometer is w/o question digital. The display is also digital. The face of the display is static. I never even attempted to suggest it was dynamic.

Difference between Digital and Analog is 100% about the source of the signal and has absolutely zero to do with how that information is displayed to an enduser.
Ah, ok, so you're just being pedantic. Allow me to rephrase that, then - the numbers on the tach are NOT a part of the LCD, and, therefore, the face of that part of the gauge could theoretically be replaced with a different color overlay, potentially even with a different font, which was kiske's point.

'Analog' was used as the differentiator here to indicate that it is not a part of the LCD, since using the word 'digital' to describe that part of the display implies to many that it is part of the screen. It's not an unreasonable term to use in that context, though not technically the correct one.

AutoDelight

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' A91 Supra, 04' RX-8 GT, 95' RX-7 Base

Boblay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra, F82 M4
I’m not sure if this has already been made, but I wish there was a carbon diffuser made for single exits or any sort of plug in for that extra hole.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I’m not sure if this has already been made, but I wish there was a carbon diffuser made for single exits or any sort of plug in for that extra hole.
I'm working on a 3d printed cover for hole on single exits for some of the guys here in Chicago. I can add you to the list. It's not going to be show quality, but it's not going to be super trash either.

irixyoctane

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90
I'm working on a 3d printed cover for hole on single exits for some of the guys here in Chicago. I can add you to the list. It's not going to be show quality, but it's not going to be super trash either.
Hey, please add me to that list for the 3d printed plug. I'm toying with the idea of making a carbon fiber cover for the lower part of the valance / diffuser for a single exit and need something to fill the hole.

Reactions: zrk

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hey, please add me to that list for the 3d printed plug. I'm toying with the idea of making a carbon fiber cover for the lower part of the valance / diffuser for a single exit and need something to fill the hole.
Done

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
I wonder what this motor would sound like with a big ol' lumpy cam... I'd hate to kill that HP/TQ curve, though. It's so, so sweet.

Boblay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra, F82 M4
Would love to be added, this hole is starting to bother me haha

Reactions: zrk