What Pisses You Off The MOST About Modern Car Culture?

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Exactly why I love actual track events for meeting other car peeps. If your shit can’t run on the track all day long, you’re doing something wrong 😂. It’s pretty simple. The 1000+ HP cars with stickers don’t make it much longer than one lap... But, it’s amazing all the things that can be done with this platform, from track to drag racing, wow 🤩. I’m not big on all the built in sensors & electronics but it is what it is in our modern car culture.
Sponsored

Last edited:

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium 3.0 Renaissance Red 2.0
This. This is why.... I wont get TE37s.
And see, I got TE's despite the fact that "everyone" is getting them. BECAUSE, I don't give a shit. Don't really care who has them or for what reasons. I got them because I/myself like them and always wanted them as a kid. As an adult being able to buy a Supra and TE's is what I did regardless of the "trends."

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
And see, I got TE's despite the fact that "everyone" is getting them. BECAUSE, I don't give a shit. Don't really care who has them or for what reasons. I got them because I/myself like them and always wanted them as a kid. As an adult being able to buy a Supra and TE's is what I did regardless of the "trends."
Yep, not doing something simply because everyone else is doing it is exactly the same as doing it. You’re still basing your decision on others’ decisions.

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra (sold), 2023 F150 Tremor
I think we should embrace all car culture vs. homogenize it.

Gov rules, locked ECUs, electric technology, and the democratization of transportation are all threats to the car scene as we know (or have known) it.

I’d rather be surrounded by donks, “ricers”, squatted trucks, mall crawlers, whatever… than a sea of silver and beige mid size sedans and SUVs.

It may not be your style, but it’s more interesting than the alternative IMO.

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra / 2019 Y61 Nissan Patrol
That is basically me arguing with my business partner about cars. His answer to everything is "well the Tesla model S goes 0-60 in 2 seconds". You can't talk to him about handling, road feel, balance, anything... every argument in his mind is instantly won by 0-60 times. He'd buy a giant 10 thousand pound car that looked like a butt plug if he could say it did 0-60 in 1 second and kept him numb in air conditioned seats with enough sound deadening to hear a fly fart in the cabin.
Electric cars being compared to the amazing invention of internal combustion engines. Is like comparing microwaved food to 5 star award wining restaurant. Sure the microwave gets it done faster, but is it better? Lmao

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I think we should embrace all car culture vs. homogenize it.

Gov rules, locked ECUs, electric technology, and the democratization of transportation are all threats to the car scene as we know (or have known) it.

I’d rather be surrounded by donks, “ricers”, squatted trucks, mall crawlers, whatever… than a sea of silver and beige mid size sedans and SUVs.

It may not be your style, but it’s more interesting than the alternative IMO.
Exactly! What’s the point of forcing everyone‘s hand in one direction? 🤷‍♂️

Let the car companies follow public demand and what people like. So many different views & opinions makes us smarter and helps us evolve to all the best possible outcomes.

Electric cars being compared to the amazing invention of internal combustion engines. Is like comparing microwaved food to 5 star award wining restaurant. Sure the microwave gets it done faster, but is it better? Lmao
Until it became so political, I loved how electric was being used in conjunction with ICE for that initial grunt & launch. Smaller lighter batteries used for takeoff 🚀 🤤. And not being dependent on other places for our fuel takes time. We can get there w/out a rapid Atkins or keto car diet…

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm probably part of the problem, but I'm 19 rn and can say that influencers are about the most annoying it can get (except the people who slam there cars to the ground and run extreme camber I can whole heartedly that community is a pile of shit no offense to anyone). When I mean influencers not the people who put in time and effort to make the craziest build, but rather influencers who think they're the shit because they have bolt-ons or no mods at all, but they think that way because they have followers. Me personally I just started out building my car taking my time learning things along the way. Yeah I'll probably get fucked over here and there but hey you don't learn without fucking up every now and then.

Supra Cat

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0, 4Runner, Mustang GT/CS, NA Miata
Me personally I just started out building my car taking my time learning things along the way. Yeah I'll probably get fucked over here and there but hey you don't learn without fucking up every now and then.
This is the way! :cool:

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm probably part of the problem, but I'm 19 rn and can say that influencers are about the most annoying it can get (except the people who slam there cars to the ground and run extreme camber I can whole heartedly that community is a pile of shit no offense to anyone). When I mean influencers not the people who put in time and effort to make the craziest build, but rather influencers who think they're the shit because they have bolt-ons or no mods at all, but they think that way because they have followers. Me personally I just started out building my car taking my time learning things along the way. Yeah I'll probably get fucked over here and there but hey you don't learn without fucking up every now and then.
Have fun brother! No right or wrong, just do you. Gotta love that!!

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Every once in a while you come across a young mind that gives you fucking hope for the future.

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
This is the way! :cool:
Have fun brother! No right or wrong, just do you. Gotta love that!!
Every once in a while you come across a young mind that gives you fucking hope for the future.
It's rare, but here's a great example.
Thank you for the kind words. It means a lot coming from people who have been in this field for years. I'm happy to be recognized by you guys. I hope I live up to your expectations

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thank you for the kind words. It means a lot coming from people who have been in this field for years. I'm happy to be recognized by you guys. I hope I live up to your expectations
Don’t give a fuck about our expectations. Keep doing you regardless of how anyone else feels/thinks.
Sponsored