What Pisses You Off The MOST About Modern Car Culture?

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Don’t give a fuck about our expectations. Keep doing you regardless of how anyone else feels/thinks.
Right along those lines, I added a “signature”. This is my 1st test post with it 😝

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra

Twundy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
uwgtb.com
Car(s)
Land Cruiser 200 Series, '21 Supra
Purists or diehard fans seem to be a dying breed. Porsche guys, Subaru guys, Honda guys, Land Cruiser guys, etc. seem to all be well-defined groups with a deep appreciation for their platforms.

In our Supra community for example, seems like a majority of the "enthusiasts" just wanted a "cool and fast car" and will probably sell their Supra in 2 years after doing the usual Instagram mods and hop from platform to platform. It also seems like we aren't carving out a niche in the aftermarket, like how Porsche and 90's JDM cars have extensively established tuners, specific culture, and will continue owning and modifying their cars for decades.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Purists or diehard fans seem to be a dying breed. Porsche guys, Subaru guys, Honda guys, Land Cruiser guys, etc. seem to all be well-defined groups with a deep appreciation for their platforms.

In our Supra community for example, seems like a majority of the "enthusiasts" just wanted a "cool and fast car" and will probably sell their Supra in 2 years after doing the usual Instagram mods and hop from platform to platform. It also seems like we aren't carving out a niche in the aftermarket, like how Porsche and 90's JDM cars have extensively established tuners, specific culture, and will continue owning and modifying their cars for decades.
Well our generation is still releavtively new. And the divide between 90s and before supra owners is there, common ignorance and hate for the bmw part, lack of variety of aftermarket support. Ie the gr86 had so much released already from major companies like greddy, hks etc. I would say more than what's available for the Supra.

The lack of parts may be the reason not many "gr supra" tuner shops exist.

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
Well our generation is still releavtively new. And the divide between 90s and before supra owners is there, common ignorance and hate for the bmw part, lack of variety of aftermarket support. Ie the gr86 had so much released already from major companies like greddy, hks etc. I would say more than what's available for the Supra.

The lack of parts may be the reason not many "gr supra" tuner shops exist.
Also the ECU thing still needs to be figured out

razorlab

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.

I feel this, but at the same time challenge it. I think this has been the case for decades. There are the diehards for platforms and the ones that try it out for a couple months or so and move on.

I was in the Mitsubishi Evo enthusiast scene for almost twenty years. Owned them, tuned them, modified them, supported them, etc etc. In those twenty years, there were people like me (and still are) and people that would pop up for a couple months or a year, then disappear onto the next thing. You see the same thing with Honda. Diehards that have had Hondas for 30+ years and people that come and go.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Well the tuning era is slowly coming to some end as we know it..
One reason is OEMs gotten pretty good at squeezing the best outta the engines. With so much electronics involved and all the advancements since 90s....downside so many emission restrictions and their integrated parts that come along that challenges the freedom of tuning..

With MK4 one could achieve 1000hp in 1000 different ways with 1000s of parts sourced from all over the world.. from a bolt to lsd to whatever... because the 321hp never felt adequate per power delivery...

Come 20yrs MK5, there's like tops 100 parts/ways and acceleration / top speed with lag less turbo, always power on demand, many don't feel the need to even get there, as in 600+ range.. delivery is so smooth..

Like, M5 beats supercars..

On the visual mods, really the manufacturability, ease of it to ergonomics to new age design language... Like cassette player and 6 cd changer is no more. Simplified...
So, exterior wise, instead of rounded simpler design, aka blank canvas for modding, you've got curves, wings, hood scoops, skirts that already come with... Lights without bulbs, more control over everything...
Like where the heck is MK4 style tail lamps?? Expected next week?
Interior. Similar. You've got 1 screen replacing 10 dials.
Wheels. People choose one of 5... Again OEMs come out with good wheel designs, some even come forged/CF...

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I'm sure it's been said, but any, and I mean ANY time I try to help people out by explaining stuff, they just go off on how I don't know what I'm talking about, I'm a know-it-all, or "who cares if it's true" blah, blah. They don't want to be educated, they just want to bench race with their Gran Turismo level education.
I'm okay with ignorance, but I can't be okay with someone not at least wanting to know what they are talking about. When I was growing up, I listened to EVERYTHING my dad told me and any time people were willing to teach me something, thereafter.
Kids these days are straight up douchebags. Don't believe me? Inform them when they say something wrong. See what happens. 😂

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm sure it's been said, but any, and I mean ANY time I try to help people out by explaining stuff, they just go off on how I don't know what I'm talking about, I'm a know-it-all, or "who cares if it's true" blah, blah. They don't want to be educated, they just want to bench race with their Gran Turismo level education.
I'm okay with ignorance, but I can't be okay with someone not at least wanting to know what they are talking about. When I was growing up, I listened to EVERYTHING my dad told me and any time people were willing to teach me something, thereafter.
Kids these days are straight up douchebags. Don't believe me? Inform them when they say something wrong. See what happens. 😂
I appreciate all your advice you douchbag! 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: kaj

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)