What product to use to wash and wax your MKV Supra?

Lil Grey Supra

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Camaro - 427ci LSX turbo'd, 2016 RAM 2500, 2021 GR Supra 3.0 Prem
3 things:

1. Love the Hellcat - wife told me "no" to my Redeye request - looks freak'n great!
2. Been a Meguire's guy my whole life
3. Just converted to Nexgen - easiest product I've ever dealt with - digging the ceramics - just applied this weekend

20200830_135554.jpg

wolf_kyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 GR Supra, 1996 NA Miata, 2014 Camry SE
Anyone knows a good wheel detailer?
i hate having to clean the brake dust every time..
something thatll clean (preferably like a "spray on and let it set for some time and rinse off with minimal scrubbing") -if theres such thing-
and maybe something thatll prevent it from sticking on in the future? (other than ceramic coating)
or just a good wheel/tire cleaner in general

65sohc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
65 GTO, 69 Corvette, 65 Corvette 427, 23 Corvette
I'm surprised to hear people having a problem with brake dust. My car was built in January and maybe they changed pad material at some point because I have never had a car with so little brake dust. I had a series of Mustangs with Brembos prior to the Supra so I know all about dust. I did coat my wheels with The Last Coat, the same thing I used on my paint, but even before that I never had a problem with dust. ArmorAll Outlast brake dust defender does a good job keeping wheels clean.

Lil Grey Supra

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Removed the wheels this weekend and Nexgen'd them after washing. I should have results in a week or so but hoping to keep the dust from sticking and easier "rinse off". I'll report back.

SupraPaPa

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I would love to hear what you think after treating them. I want to be able to enjoy driving my car, without having to clean it after every drive. I also have NextGen, but was reluctant to use thinking it may not be sufficient for the wheels.

What wheel cleaner do you use? I will have to polish my hubs first, as I used Adams Wheel cleaner to remove the brake dust and road grime, and while it did a fine job on breaking up the dust and road grime and removed residue from the transport wheel covers, it white spotted (looks a little like oxidation) the hubs, and left an ugly haze on the tires.

Lil Grey Supra

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
As the car is brand spanking new, I did not have to contend with any build up. I used palmolive dish soap to break up any grease prior to applying the Nexgen spray. I do have a few others around the garage, some meguiars, some black magic type stuff -- I don't let any of it sit on the wheel and dry because no matter what, it always seems to end up spotted.

I think the SiO2 in the nexgen will be great for the wheels (inside and out) as it bonds with the painted surface. Should make clean up much easier and not much should seriously stick or eat through the SiO2 layer. Two short drives so far and it's looking promising albeit too early to make the call. I hope it's good because those wheels will be a PITA to take care of........

SupraPaPa

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I treated the outer surface last night. I will clean the inner wheels surface and calipers again next wash, and treat the inside. I also gave the car it's first coat of NextGen on the body, looking good so far. Now, how will it work in the real world.

nc_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Pro
Anyone knows a good wheel detailer?
i hate having to clean the brake dust every time..
something thatll clean (preferably like a "spray on and let it set for some time and rinse off with minimal scrubbing") -if theres such thing-
and maybe something thatll prevent it from sticking on in the future? (other than ceramic coating)
or just a good wheel/tire cleaner in general
No idea if it’s available in the US, but I’ve been using Bilt Hamber Auto Wheel. Normal routine for me is to pressure wash the whole car with just water, then spray AW on the wheels and leave it to dwell while sorting out the foam lance and things like that. Then rinse with the pressure washer again, just water, and it removes a decent amount of the muck that accumulates on the wheels making a contact wash on them a little easier. I have mine sealed with Sonax Xtreme, so that might make a slight difference but I haven’t noticed any between the Supra and our other car which doesn’t have the wheels coated.

psimzia

First Name
Pritesh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV5 Supra 2020, 08 Mustang GT (Steeda Cold Air), Lexus ES350
Hello,
I have not Washed nor Waxed my car since i Purchased in September 2019, when i purchased the car Toyota did a Detailed Wax after the Purchase and every after 1 Month i just use Microfiber Cloth to clean it without using any liquid. I do clean wheels with Liquid called BlueMagic Wheel Cleaner. I am now thinking of waxing and polishing and need your suggestion on "Top Coat F11" what are your Thoughts on this product ?
Thank you.

SupraPaPa

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
LIl Grey, what were you thoughts on the NextGen for the wheels? Worth he effort? I like the shine I get with it, but I am not really certain it is doing much to prevent dust etc on the body as it claims. I live in AZ, and find it nearly impossible to drive without a certain degree of dust.

Dooo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91
A true ceramic coating will change your life when it comes time cleaning and washing your car. Cleaning is much easier and takes less effort. I paint corrected by car and applied Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light topped with EXO V4. I also took my wheels off and cleaned the faces and barrels and coated them as well. Definitely made cleaning the wheels easier.

SupraPaPa

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Thanks, at some point I will need to get that done for the wheels. The first time I cleaned the wheels with Adam's brand wheel cleaner, it spotted the barrels a bit, so now I have to pull off the wheels and polish out the barrel.

Dooo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91
Thanks, at some point I will need to get that done for the wheels. The first time I cleaned the wheels with Adam's brand wheel cleaner, it spotted the barrels a bit, so now I have to pull off the wheels and polish out the barrel.
Do you dry the water off the wheels after cleaning them? If not, those spots are probably related to water spots more than from the cleaner itself. The perks of ceramic coating is I use a leaf blower after every wash to blow off all the water for easy drying and prevent water spots
Sponsored