What will void my warranty?

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
if you want a faster car then what the supra is out of the box then buy a faster car. I was in a 485 hp supra that was tuned and made 386 rwhp. It was a joke i could of beat it on my pedal bike. Just stupid wheel spin and the youmg kids loved it. The car never hooked and to think he spent 1000.00 for this ? Try taking it in stock form to a race track then you will see how fast the car is and that it is over powered from the showroom floor. Good luck with your project. Just my 2 cents
I uh. What? Overpowered? At the race track the car runs low 12s out of the box.
Sponsored

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
if you want a faster car then what the supra is out of the box then buy a faster car. I was in a 485 hp supra that was tuned and made 386 rwhp. It was a joke i could of beat it on my pedal bike. Just stupid wheel spin and the youmg kids loved it. The car never hooked and to think he spent 1000.00 for this ? Try taking it in stock form to a race track then you will see how fast the car is and that it is over powered from the showroom floor. Good luck with your project. Just my 2 cents
You're right. I'm gonna buy a turbo delete kit since it's too overpowered.

Davidr3

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You lost all credibility when you said a tuned Supra is slow but a stock Supra is fast? Iโ€™m not sure Iโ€™m following

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
You lost all credibility when you said a tuned Supra is slow but a stock Supra is fast? Iโ€™m not sure Iโ€™m following
Yeah, it seemed to be in regards to wheelspin... but you don't have to do full-send from a dead stop all the time? I'm guessing the Supra in question (if it even exists in reality) was tuned but on stock tires and suspension, driven by an inexperienced driver, etc.

Certainly even in stock form it's possible to melt your tires in the first couple gears if you just mash the pedal... but that doesn't mean it's overpowered - just under-tractioned. ?

Also question the ~100HP drive-train losses (485hp that made 386 rwhp???) - and "pedal bike" is definitely odd while I'm at it. :dunno:

iEatCommunists

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra 3.0 Premium
Jesus this thread shows exactly what is wrong with drivers. The supra uses to much gas and burns tires to much to be "fast" thats why i bought the fastest car toyota sells, the Prius. I'm basically unbeatable on the track (everyone is so scared of my speed they slam on their breaks and swerve off the road behind me) and I get 50 mpg (basically as fast as a Bugatti).

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Once I made peace with kissing my warranty goodbye, modifying my car became significantly more enjoyable.
Right. Once I realized that I've put 30k into the car on top of the purchase price... the cost of a new engine/transmission is.. whatever.

wheeliedub

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Right. Once I realized that I've put 30k into the car on top of the purchase price... the cost of a new engine/transmission is.. whatever.
I mean when the good trans upgrade alone is 10K+ lol. Iโ€™m almost at the point of paying more into mods than I bought the car for. Iโ€™m afraid to re-total my mod list to find out.

Reactions: zrk

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I mean when the good trans upgrade alone is 10K+ lol. Iโ€™m almost at the point of paying more into mods than I bought the car for. Iโ€™m afraid to re-total my mod list to find out.
Next off season I'm planning on building the motor, so.. Yup.

yellowman

First Name
evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 C.F edition 2021 jeep GC
the supra in question was tuned at CB tuning in allentown pa. It was a dyno tune the cost was a little under a 1000.00 dollars. They also installed a down pipe and my stupid frien (not anymore) had a local exaust shop cut out the rear muffler and rewelded the tips back on. Yes the car was very loud. He also put on 3 pcs wheels from BC racing and some carbon fiber parts. The car never hooked off the line but I think with the right person driving it they would have much better results. He claims a mid 11 second quarter mile but im not so sure he did put lowering springs in but the last time i looked the factory did not put in drag shocks. I never saw him use the launch control and every time he tryed to show off with me in the car we would almost hit somthing and sideways was always the norm.....IDK maybe by now the car is on the copart web site or you tube. CB tuning does bmws most of the time but has a real nice 2020 tune for the 3.0 supra......
Sponsored