What's your biggest car cleaning fu*k up?

KKP_Jay Phantom

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Karbonkings.com
Car(s)
'21 A91 - '21 Corolla H - '06 Sentra Spec-V
I Once sprayed wheel cleaner on the inside of my rear windshield because both liquids are clear, and both labels were black/silver. The smell.... my god. it lasted months. And took me about an hour to get all that shit off my glass and back to a crystal clear finish.

I also wiped the piano black surface on my corolla ONCE while dry and i now have "swirl" lines in it all.

Another time the rubber cap on my wheel brush came off, before I noticed, my Work Kiwamis on my G37 IPL had a GIANT gash in the barrel. not always visible, but this was my first set of "Real wheels"

My BIGGEST mistake though.... was buying my wife a BLACK subaru.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Supra_UK_

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
Okay, I'll come clean šŸ˜‚ after a full page of reading your stories, thanks to all for sharing by the way, nice good lighthearted read, I am starting to feel a liiiittle better knowing I'm definitely not alone in having committed car cleaning unforgivable crimes and tragedies šŸ˜…šŸ¤£

Feels like some kind of weird 'self acceptance' therapy šŸ˜­

calmeda1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Didn't install the pressure washer nozzle properly and it shot towards the car when I pressed it. It chipped the paint, but gladly in a hard to see spot

OP
OP
Supra_UK_

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
Didn't install the pressure washer nozzle properly and it shot towards the car when I pressed it. It chipped the paint, gladly in a hard to see spot
I watch a lot of car detailing youtube channels, and for such a long time I always wondered (to the point of being annoyed!) why they always started with a quick pressure washer spray pointing to the ground? šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Then, eventually, finally one dude explained why, and the reason they do it is exactly to avoid the situation you described, to check the nozzle is well attached, before pointing it at a customers' car.

Sorry to hear about your accident!

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra (sold), 2023 F150 Tremor
I watch a lot of car detailing youtube channels, and for such a long time I always wondered (to the point of being annoyed!) why they always started with a quick pressure washer spray pointing to the ground? šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Then, eventually, finally one dude explained why, and the reason they do it is exactly to avoid the situation you described, to check the nozzle is well attached, before pointing it at a customers' car.

Sorry to hear about your accident!
Soaking the ground can also prevent dust and dirt blowing up later.

I once used a magic eraser on my OEM wheel face (past car). On that day, I learned that a magic eraser is just fine sandpaper with a marketing twist.

Last edited:

Teleguy11

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR, 2017 Highlander Limited Platinum
If anyone has any good suggestions for Bug/Tar remover and a long wheel brush in the UK i would be grateful, need some ASAP.
As far as wheel brushes, check out Redline Finish wheel brushes on Amazon. We'll made brushes at a reasonable price.
Cheers!

Cheesedawg

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Premium
I didnā€™t notice what I assume was some drops of soap that got on the inside of the passenger window after washing. Left on a trip for a week and it baked. When I got back I noticed the spots and went to clean them, found whatever was on the glass etched those spots. So there are about 15 tiny spots on the window that are totally unremovable. Drives me insane even though I mostly drive with the windows down.

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
I didnā€™t notice what I assume was some drops of soap that got on the inside of the passenger window after washing. Left on a trip for a week and it baked. When I got back I noticed the spots and went to clean them, found whatever was on the glass etched those spots. So there are about 15 tiny spots on the window that are totally unremovable. Drives me insane even though I mostly drive with the windows down.
Try heating the glass up before cleaning it. If you can restore the circumstances that produced the spots you may be able to remove them.

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra (sold), 2023 F150 Tremor
Is it just hard water? There are water spot removers.

Optimusprimerib

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 manual base
Hi, what detail/cleaning product is best for removing the adhesive residue when debadging? I recall seeing something about Goo gone is bad for painted surfaces but canā€™t find the exact reference. Wondering what to use instead. Thank you.

Syeeee

First Name
Sye
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR 3.0 Premium
Hi, what detail/cleaning product is best for removing the adhesive residue when debadging? I recall seeing something about Goo gone is bad for painted surfaces but canā€™t find the exact reference. Wondering what to use instead. Thank you.
Goo gone is fine. Used it alot on my previous cars
Sponsored