Wheel Alignment needed after Lowering Springs?

Waferz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra launch edition, 1993 rx7
$500? That's crazy! No way he can tell if the car needs an alignment after a test drive.

As far as the alignment goes the front camber/caster is not adjustable. The only work to be done is to restore OEM front/rear toe and rear camber, and nothing their uses one-time-use bolts.
Someone experienced with what a vehicle should drive like can absolutely tell you if the car needs an alignment. A machine is always more accurate obviously, but saying driving a car can’t present issues that show need of an alignment is silly.
Sponsored

Nytrajin

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger GT, GR Supra
Hey guys. I just lowered my Supra over the weekend with H&R springs. I brought it to the dealership for alignment and they told me they couldn't drive it on the ramps that it was to low. So I brought it to another shop that they recommended. They were able to align the rear but not the front. From what I understand from reading the above the front camber cant be fixed, so my question is does someone sell some kind of part that i can order and install because the alignment shop told me the front to tires were 2.5 and that that was bad. Thoughts/opinions?

Second question is he said he could only align the rear to 1.5. Is there any kits to align the rear better?

What's everyone else experience with alignment after H&R spring install and their #'s?

Lastly he said my front strut bearings are binding that is causing the creaking/popping noise in the cab, that something on the install went wrong. Anyone experience this before or have any tips and tricks as to what to look for on the top strut bearing, for when I look at it again this weekend?
Thanks for any anysight you may have guys.
The clicking u hear is common across nearly all BMW suspension setups when u change, or remove and reinstall struts; they need to load the control and steering knuckle assembly to simulate vehicle weight as much as possible before tightening the knuckle pinch bolt on to the strut. This procedure needs to be done on either OEM strut after removal, or aftermarket (coilovers) installation.

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nocturnal 2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
$500? That's crazy! No way he can tell if the car needs an alignment after a test drive.

As far as the alignment goes the front camber/caster is not adjustable. The only work to be done is to restore OEM front/rear toe and rear camber, and nothing their uses one-time-use bolts.
If the front camber/caster is not adjustable on the supra i would assume lowering springs and a wider tire is going to wear more quickly now? Is it a good idea to look to add more adjustability?
Sponsored