Where to go for servicing/warranty issues?

OP
OP
JP_

JP_

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra Jarama Racetrack Edition
I took my car into Horsham Toyota for my wing mirror issue but sods law, it started working a couple of days before i had ti booked in!

Did you find out what the problem was?

My issue is the left wing mirror stops folding and working, which seems to coincide with heavy rain.

Once I've even had the drivers mirror and both windows stop working too.
In the end I went aftermarket to resolve my audio issues. Have a look at my threads for details, have had no issues with the mirrors luckily!

Have now moved to South of the river in London though, so looking for a new independent or dealership for servicing!
Sponsored

Fitch

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKIV
Anyone in the South Midlands looking for reputable place: Just had my major service done (plugs, oils) on my 2019 15k for Ā£469.99 at Stratford Upon Avon (Toyota Listers). Apparently head tech there is good with Supras and knowledgeable. So recommend this place with no issues when I took mine in.

mwilkinson

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra and 1996 Supra (J-Spec RZ)
I did have a quick chat with Guildford Toyota about servicing and they at least demonstrated a ā€˜basicā€™ knowledge by mentioning that the main pain in the butt with service is getting the latest software updates from BMW as they take up to 24hrs to get back to them. I also asked how many they service and was quite amazed when they said ā€œmaybe 2 per yearā€œ!!

Anyone out there one of the 2 people? šŸ˜
Do not use Toyota Guildford. The first time I had my car serviced they damaged my car and lied about it. I caught them out with the dash cam footage from my car. It also recorded their technicians who didn't have a clue what they were doing with the car.

They offered to repair the car, which I accepted, and they damaged the car again! The technician that damaged the car didn't report it, and it was only spotted on a pre-retun inspection. Dash cam footage on this occsssion showd the tech who damaged my car laughing about it.

They have never formally apologised or offered me any compensation, they only allowed me to get the repairs done independently.

A total bunch of idiots, avoid!

S2k

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0
Do not use Toyota Guildford. The first time I had my car serviced they damaged my car and lied about it. I caught them out with the dash cam footage from my car. It also recorded their technicians who didn't have a clue what they were doing with the car.

They offered to repair the car, which I accepted, and they damaged the car again! The technician that damaged the car didn't report it, and it was only spotted on a pre-retun inspection. Dash cam footage on this occsssion showd the tech who damaged my car laughing about it.

They have never formally apologised or offered me any compensation, they only allowed me to get the repairs done independently.

A total bunch of idiots, avoid!
I have been debating where to take my car for months now and you have 100% made up my mind it wonā€™t be Guildford Toyota!

Where do you take yours?

I think Iā€™m going to give up the warranty and take mine to someone I know and trust. Assuming I can convince him to do it! šŸ˜‚

mwilkinson

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'll probably use SRD Tuning. I have a Mkiv Supra and have used them for this. The owner Lee also has a mkiv and mkv Supra himself.

I've totally lost confidence in Toyota UK.

Here is the damage Guildford Toyota caused the first time round. They did this by driving it into their own equipment next to the ramp.

They lied to me and told me a member of the public drove into my car whilst parked up outside the dealers. They also made me pay for the service before telling me the car was damaged.

20230815_175446.jpg

This is the damage the second time round. This was from being driven into the curb. The technician laughed and said it was OK as the car was getting repaired anyway.

I still have this footage from my dash cam.

IMG-20230825-WA0003.jpg

There was also footage of the technicians moaning about how low the car was and they had to move it to 3 different ramps before they could get one that could lift the car. You'd think they would know which ramps to use from the outset.

They were also getting frustrated with the factory software system etc. Moaning that only one of the guys knew how to properly do the service updates etc.

I'll never buy a car, recommend them, or have any car serviced by them again.

PaulBoxer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0T GR Pro
I used Steven Eagell Toyota in Rayleigh Essex for my cars first service ā€¦.. Generally a very good experience, just limited knowledge on the Car which I guess is to be expected given the Supra is not a bread & butter product with the added complexity of the BMW influence.
The only negative is trying to get safe parking on site

BrettMRC

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, Defender, Rx400h
Mine has only ever been to Whifbitz, and will probably only ever go there now.
(It's a bit of a trek, but I really don't want Toyota "accidentally" locking my ECU in the event of there being a recall etc)

mwilkinson

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mine has only ever been to Whifbitz, and will probably only ever go there now.
(It's a bit of a trek, but I really don't want Toyota "accidentally" locking my ECU in the event of there being a recall etc)
Should be in safe hands with Paul. I used Whifbitz when they were in North London for my first mkiv Supra.

PaulBoxer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0T GR Pro
Over a 3hrs 15mins drive there for me šŸ˜ž itā€™s a shame as Whifbitz sounds like the place weā€™re looking for ā€¦. For those who can use it doesnā€™t it break the 10 year warranty???

BrettMRC

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Over a 3hrs 15mins drive there for me šŸ˜ž itā€™s a shame as Whifbitz sounds like the place weā€™re looking for ā€¦. For those who can use it doesnā€™t it break the 10 year warranty???
If it's done in line with Toyota requirements and using the appropriate parts then it should not be warranty impacting.

S2k

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0
I think my overriding concern is more a financial one on the impact of not having a ā€œfull dealer service historyā€œ if I was ever to sell it.

Not sure if Iā€™m over thinking the real impact of this though?

BrettMRC

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I think my overriding concern is more a financial one on the impact of not having a ā€œfull dealer service historyā€œ if I was ever to sell it.

Not sure if Iā€™m over thinking the real impact of this though?
Main dealer or respected independent are usually considered good. (The latter is often better in he eyes of an enthusiast)

PaulBoxer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0T GR Pro
Itā€™s a very good point, I donā€™t think youā€™re overthinking it at all, Iā€™m sure a majority of used buyers of our type of car would need the assurance of a Full Toyota service history.

mwilkinson

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dealer network service history, on resale, will always be better. Assuming you can find one that actually knows what they are doing and doesn't damage your car whilst it's in their care.

mwilkinson

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dare I say it, but given Toyota UK's general incompetence around the GR Supra, a dealer service history could almost be viewed as a negative.
Sponsored