Which onedo you think looks better?

• Total voters

Rotaryrunner

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda RX 8
Vehicle Showcase
i don't like the red, but i think Toyota did a better job on the exterior.

rtoadyt

First Name
Reto
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
None
Both r the "i guess she kinda hot" type. Supra's the "her body's kinda weird looking, would be hot af if I hadn't looked at her super hot cousin and her mom". Z4's the "she got booty and body, something's not right w her face".

Half Vast

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 01 Tundra Limited, 00 4Runner
Personally, I don't have to wear beer goggles to look at and appreciate either one.

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
IMO, the Z4. The body lines and the interior seems to flow better.

Odd to see the MKV w/out a hood insulator and the Z4 with. All of the Supras came from the factory with hood insulators.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
IMO, the Z4. The body lines and the interior seems to flow better.

Odd to see the MKV w/out a hood insulator and the Z4 with. All of the Supras came from the factory with hood insulators.
The supra is probably still a preproduction one

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The supra is probably still a preproduction one
The Z4 isn't? So far, all of the MKV's with their hoods open didn't have them. Those can't all be pre-production.

mas921

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Several RWD's
from that article, I feel like the BMW is distinctively German and the supra is so as well, Japanese that is.

The more conservative hips and the "reverse Hitler-moustache" of the z4 are very German, more mature than the muscular hips, expressive diffuser and front "winglets" in the supra. That F1 nose is right up in "ya face".
i generally like Asian/Japanese designs more than others, (big fan of the Gundam'esque FK8/R35 or Lexus face too) cars should look aggressive/cool, not feminine/beautiful.

the Z4 is something I would take my wife in a long comfy cruise in, focusing on say ... the companionship and the scenery more than the car itself. The Supra is what I would take to intimidate my fellow autoX or track rivals lol, with "335 wide Hoosier Hips" and exhaust cracking and popping: Laser focus on the driving.

with that said, i kinda feel weired about the front end of the supra towards the edges. from the front, the fenders look like they're encapsulating the headlights, it's kinda like somebody is screaming; with calm eyes xD...if that makes any sense lol. wish the headlights extended up towards the fenders more, akin to how the Z4's do. I don't mean the shape of them ...but you get the point i guess... :p

rtoadyt

First Name
Reto
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
None
from that article, I feel like the BMW is distinctively German and the supra is so as well, Japanese that is.

The more conservative hips and the "reverse Hitler-moustache" of the z4 are very German, more mature than the muscular hips, expressive diffuser and front "winglets" in the supra. That F1 nose is right up in "ya face".
i generally like Asian/Japanese designs more than others, (big fan of the Gundam'esque FK8/R35 or Lexus face too) cars should look aggressive/cool, not feminine/beautiful.

the Z4 is something I would take my wife in a long comfy cruise in, focusing on say ... the companionship and the scenery more than the car itself. The Supra is what I would take to intimidate my fellow autoX or track rivals lol, with "335 wide Hoosier Hips" and exhaust cracking and popping: Laser focus on the driving.

with that said, i kinda feel weired about the front end of the supra towards the edges. from the front, the fenders look like they're encapsulating the headlights, it's kinda like somebody is screaming; with calm eyes xD...if that makes any sense lol. wish the headlights extended up towards the fenders more, akin to how the Z4's do. I don't mean the shape of them ...but you get the point i guess... :p
Ik ur more for the striking your face look rather than beautiful, but I think A90 would look sooo cool if they had designed it with british grand touring design philosophy. Idk really, looking at A90, they seem to really went overboard with the design. It's like the design was already perfect and then they decided to still go on with putting more shit to it. Small cars would look smaller if the surface area gets filled up. Mid section tells that. Fake door vents, side splitter and door handle. If they didn't have that side splitter portruding to the front part of the back fender, not make a useless fake door vent and went with a gtr style door handle, car would look much more cleaner, wider, bigger, pronounced and not just bunch of shapes forced to fit to tiny space. Bubble roof does not help that one bit. Knowing that there's a lower point in the highest part of the car makes you unconciously think that the car could be lower, but then it's not. Eh, still better looking than Z4 by a mile.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
The Z4 isn't? So far, all of the MKV's with their hoods open didn't have them. Those can't all be pre-production.
The Z4 has been on the market for a couple of months now. Depending on when those pictures are taken most media pictures of the supra are preproduction most likely sent out by Toyota. ie everyone that was at the media test drive last month were preproduction ones.

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The Z4 has been on the market for a couple of months now. Depending on when those pictures are taken most media pictures of the supra are preproduction most likely sent out by Toyota. ie everyone that was at the media test drive last month were preproduction ones.
So do you think this Supra is still pre-production?