Who has a ton of interior rattles?

00Sova

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Supra 3.0 Premium AT, '22 Macan, '22 M3P
In case anyone here has the same issue, since new, I've had this really loud rattle/clicking sound every time I broke quickly, accelerated quickly or went over bumps (so basically all the time). I hadn't been able to figure it out for months, then when looking for a way to install my race capture, I figured it out! I assume someone else has this (my car is a MY24 3.0 for reference).

Behind the glovebox, in front of the air vents in the passenger side footwell there is an airbag (look for a shiny black panel that says airbag). There are two 10mm bolts holding it in place - the one closest to the door had about 2mm of slack in it, allowing the whole thing to move up and down freely. Tighten that down, and voila! No more rattle. Pretty bad that they released the car with an airbag unit not fully locked down, but here we are.

Note there are two plastic screws holding a trim piece in place that you will need to remove to get to the bolt. You can undo it by hand, but a flathead screw driver will make it easier to put back into place.

I hope this helps someone else out there!