Interior Rattles

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner
i don't have that rattle. BUT i did change my cabin air filter recently and all i can advise is to check that area, making sure all clips are fine, screws aren't loose, etc

Joebednar4

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Now that's a good idea. I assumed it was the fixings I'd need to address. Might try that this weekend.
I think it's just how thin it really is. I tightened mine down a couple times, and it still vibrated/made the noise. Finally got annoyed and took it out. Then didn't like the gaping holes and didn't feel like buying an actual brace that would look ridiculous in those gaping holes. Figured what the hell, sprayed the foam. Let it sit overnight. Cut off the excess. Then threw some cheap Vvivid gloss black wrap on it, and reinstalled. Looks much better and no noise from it whatsoever.

SCZ4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3.0 Pro
I think it's just how thin it really is. I tightened mine down a couple times, and it still vibrated/made the noise. Finally got annoyed and took it out. Then didn't like the gaping holes and didn't feel like buying an actual brace that would look ridiculous in those gaping holes. Figured what the hell, sprayed the foam. Let it sit overnight. Cut off the excess. Then threw some cheap Vvivid gloss black wrap on it, and reinstalled. Looks much better and no noise from it whatsoever.
Just filled mine with foam, will also leave for 24+ hours.

Out of interest, did you refit these? Read a thread somewhere that someone removed them and helped with noise. Also did you put any felt tape on the bracket the brace attaches to?

Will report back if the foam helps.

PXL_20230629_191653224.MP (1).jpg

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
Also put some tape in this location as advised in another thread.

1685028720137-png.png
Yup. Between this and the Cusco trunk brace, I got rid of most of the rattles and creaks back there.

Joebednar4

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Just filled mine with foam, will also leave for 24+ hours.

Out of interest, did you refit these? Read a thread somewhere that someone removed them and helped with noise. Also did you put any felt tape on the bracket the brace attaches to?

Will report back if the foam helps.

PXL_20230629_191653224.MP (1).jpg
Yep, I put those back on. Once the foam is in there, not a single sound from them. I didn't put any felt on, either. I think the wrap and foam were good. I could be wrong though. I definitely don't hear the rattle anymore.

SCZ4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3.0 Pro
Did a 40 mile drive this morning and have finally eliminated all rattles in my Supra with the above "mods". Couldn't be happier. Toyota plastics are definitely a lot cheaper than what BMW use.

OP
OP
MOA90

MOA90

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Did a 40 mile drive this morning and have finally eliminated all rattles in my Supra with the above "mods". Couldn't be happier. Toyota plastics are definitely a lot cheaper than what BMW use.
I wish I could say the same. Does anyone have any pointers on how to remove the glove box? It's hard to pin point it but it seems like it's coming from behind there. My screen also seems seems to rattle but I'm out of warranty so I'm not sure what my options are there.

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
I wish I could say the same. Does anyone have any pointers on how to remove the glove box? It's hard to pin point it but it seems like it's coming from behind there. My screen also seems seems to rattle but I'm out of warranty so I'm not sure what my options are there.
The screen is very easy to remove once you get the rearward speaker grille off. Throw some rubber washers under the screws and throw some 1/8" foam tape between the metal/metal contact areas.

OP
OP
MOA90

MOA90

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
The screen is very easy to remove once you get the rearward speaker grille off. Throw some rubber washers under the screws and throw some 1/8" foam tape between the metal/metal contact areas.
It seems like the components in the screen, not the screen itself. I've had it off before and if I shake the screen a bit that's when it rattles.

Andrew__a90

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium Nitro Yellow
I had the same issue. Cave man fix - open passenger door. Smack the hell out of the area at the end of the dashboard where the door meets it a few times. No more rattle.
This actually works, I’m taking it to Toyota but I swear if I open it and beat the hell out of it where the lock is it stops. If it ever stops working then my precious Supie the Supra will be wrapped around a tree.
Sponsored