Interior Rattles

MOA90

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I will start off by saying that I know this topic has been covered and I've read through everything I could find by searching. However, with that said and all the fixes applied, I still have a rattle in my dash. It seems to be on the passenger side, almost behind the glove box. I've had most of the interior apart and have applied foam in all of the usual places such as behind the hvac controls and the customizable buttons but the rattle hasn't gone away. I would like to dig deeper and go behind the glove box but can't seem to figure out how to remove it, can anyone give me some tips on removing the glove box? Is anyone else having this rattle? Is it just me?
Sponsored

Traxion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Is anyone else having this rattle? Is it just me?
I have the exact same rattle. It's mainly when I'm on roads that aren't nice and smooth. Sometimes I try to open and close the glovebox and sometimes it helps but other times it doesn't. I kind of wonder if it's the latch mechanism that clicks into place and needs to be greased but I rarely have a passenger in my car so I haven't been able to have someone look for what's causing it while I'm driving.

Feldro

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra Premium A90 MT
Have you checked the infotainment head unit? I have creaks and rattles from that. When I apply pressure to the back or sides from behind it, it helps a bit.

OP
OP
MOA90

MOA90

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Have you checked the infotainment head unit? I have creaks and rattles from that. When I apply pressure to the back or sides from behind it, it helps a bit.
Yeah, I've tried that. I had the whole front part of the dash apart and the screen dangling there while my wife held it while driving so I could try and diagnose. I think it is a source of some rattling but not the one that I'm chasing down here.

OP
OP
MOA90

MOA90

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have the exact same rattle. It's mainly when I'm on roads that aren't nice and smooth. Sometimes I try to open and close the glovebox and sometimes it helps but other times it doesn't. I kind of wonder if it's the latch mechanism that clicks into place and needs to be greased but I rarely have a passenger in my car so I haven't been able to have someone look for what's causing it while I'm driving.
Mine seems further back than the latch, but I've tried opening and closing as well as removing everything from the glove box and it doesn't make a difference.

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tesla M3P
I had the same issue. Cave man fix - open passenger door. Smack the hell out of the area at the end of the dashboard where the door meets it a few times. No more rattle.

OP
OP
MOA90

MOA90

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I had the same issue. Cave man fix - open passenger door. Smack the hell out of the area at the end of the dashboard where the door meets it a few times. No more rattle.
I'm not sure if you're being serious but if you are I am willing to try it lol

calmeda1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I'm about to buy some Sorbothane and start experimenting

Davedaveee

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra GR Premium 3.0
Press sport button, half traction off( single click) and let it rip! You won't hear rattles no more.

Joebednar4

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Same, need to tackle mine next week. Sounds like it's coming from much further back, but hold the car and it goes away.
I took mine off, filled it with expanding foam, and then wrapped it black. Not a rattle since, lol.