Why we can’t have nice things……

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Great reminder to get that horn replace ASAP.

My little MX5 got pushed by a semi truck. Nice guy but didn’t see me at all down below him. I kept honking the horn, couldn‘t move out of the way with cars in front of me. People actually got out of their cars and started waving to the guy to stop. Could have completely rolled over me. Didn’t even know I was there and he kept creeping/lurching up at the light. Crunch, scrape, all kinds of trash compactor noises going on.… He did have great insurance and the car looks as good as new now.

Bonus, I’m glad to be alive 😃

OP
OP

Foogazzi

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 3.0MT Supra
After walking around car further. I can see the hood was pushed from passenger to driver side and no longer straight.

Hood, front bumper, and headlight are complete replacement items.

I will see what I can salvage.

I will post results of my destruction when I get it…

this is all on the other guys’s Insurance…
I am really only worried about down-time waiting on parts

OP
OP

Foogazzi

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 3.0MT Supra
Sucks!

Now's the time to invest in the low pitched bmw horn while under repair and the bumper is off.

Have a part number?

Adrenaldestruction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Ours is in the shop for the same issue. 11-12k on insurance - other drivers fault. (We were parked and away from vehicle - thank goodness for honesty)

Parts are more readily available than I thought but it will still take some time. Make sure they cover a rental for you! 😁

Good luck!

IMG_3028.jpeg

Neo1967

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
Does anyone know or recommend any excellent body shops in Central Florida area?

OP
OP

Foogazzi

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 3.0MT Supra
Ours is in the shop for the same issue. 11-12k on insurance - other drivers fault. (We were parked and away from vehicle - thank goodness for honesty)

Parts are more readily available than I thought but it will still take some time. Make sure they cover a rental for you! 😁

Good luck!

IMG_3028.jpeg
Oh my oh my.

Slybri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91-MT (CU-L), 2017 1of1 Viper, others…

Good luck!

IMG_3028.jpeg
Not an A91-MT…Noooooo!!!😢🤢

Razors Edge

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
What is the over/under on repair $$$$$)

any guesses?
Headlight alone is $2k+, I know from replacing my BMW’s …. Hood is $800+, and bumper similar. Then labor and painting you’re looking at $8,000-$10,000, not joking, when it’s all said and done. Tell me how close I am. These are California prices, if you live in a cheaper state, maybe $1-2K less.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
After walking around car further. I can see the hood was pushed from passenger to driver side and no longer straight.

Hood, front bumper, and headlight are complete replacement items.

I will see what I can salvage.

I will post results of my destruction when I get it…

this is all on the other guys’s Insurance…
I am really only worried about down-time waiting on parts
I think it’s a beautiful car. If you like it, fix it. All cars depreciate. This was never a winning investment to begin with.

We have 5 cars and my kids bang them up from time to time. I don’t tell the insurance company if their fault (I also make them pay for it…). Find the best body shop and help them source the parts. You will save gobs of time! If something is “unavailable“ or on backorder that just means the place they use doesn’t have it. But you can locate it, paid out of pocket and then have body shop buy it from you. Talking independent body shop btw. The place I used for the little MX5 was the least inexpensive car in there 😂 But stellar work and hypercars sitting right next to her getting the same attention to detail.

Sorry brother! It is unfortunate 🙁 However, you should be back on track in no time 🏁

OP
OP

Foogazzi

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 3.0MT Supra
All parts ordered and car in shop mid next week.
Should be done in short order.

Changing to GRMN Horn
Sponsored