Wider front tires - tramlining?

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi, Jeep
For anyone with wider than stock tires, are you experiencing any tramlining? It seems that the popluar front tires size is only marginally wider (255 vs 265 tread width), so I'm thinking that this isn't an issue, but I'm still wondering because I've had this issue on past cars and it would be nice to know if the Supra is susceptbile to tramlining with wider tires.
Sponsored

dzeleski

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2017 Tacoma
For anyone with wider than stock tires, are you experiencing any tramlining? It seems that the popluar front tires size is only marginally wider (255 vs 265 tread width), so I'm thinking that this isn't an issue, but I'm still wondering because I've had this issue on past cars and it would be nice to know if the Supra is susceptbile to tramlining with wider tires.
I run 275 fronts and have very little tramlining. I have a great alignment though which has a big impact. If you can find someone that truly knows how to setup a car you wont have very much with this platform at least in my experience.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
I probably run the widest front tires out of most of you (315s) and have a pretty aggressive alignment. My car does tramline a bit but it's not bad. I honestly think it has more to do with the amount of camber I run over how wide the tires are.

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
I've experienced pretty bad tramlining with my supra since day one. At first I thought it was an alignment issue, so i got that done.. Still tramlines pretty hard. It's a 23

GreyMadder

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tungsten A90 Premium, 08 Tundra, 04 GX470
No real issue and have swapped wheels with no alignment as of yet 275 with 305 in the rear
Sponsored