Will Supra Go In The Snow?

JOutterbridge

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Genesis Coupe, 94 and 97 Toyota Supra
Sorry maybe I should've been more clear. The tires I listed along with the Vikings you can get those tire sizes. 245 35 255 35 for the front and 265 35 275 35 285 35 for the rear. Whichever size you prefer for the 19Rs
Sponsored

DaBritish

First Name
Cruz
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Accord 2.0T and 2020 Supra 3.0 Prem
Ok, this makes a lot more sense now. Thank you! I will buy them separately and get them fit at a local tire shop. Yeah, just looking for gripping winter tires, as I live on a hill. Definitely wont be racing, but want to be as safe as possible, as it will be my only car.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Ok, this makes a lot more sense now. Thank you! I will buy them separately and get them fit at a local tire shop. Yeah, just looking for gripping winter tires, as I live on a hill. Definitely wont be racing, but want to be as safe as possible, as it will be my only car.
I've had Blizzaks on a few different cars, and I absolutely love them. My little RWD sportscar on Blizzaks pulled up a hill in deep snow where a Jeep Wrangler on stock tires got stuck in 4WD. I will stand behind them every time. Make sure to throw some weight in the trunk, and feather the throttle, and you should be absolutely fine.

Octane

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra
This will be my first winter in the Supra, but i've driven my BMW m4 with ~450whp in the winter for a few years on all-season tires. Didn't have any real issues as long as you drive smart and don't try to go full throttle.

I'm guessing the Supra will be similar, or maybe even easier than that.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I've driven my FRS in Michigan snow for 7 years with Blizzaks with a Manual transmission, I'd go up a gear if in trouble or lower depending..

I've yet to plan on driving the Supra in snow, but I've never driven a RWD A/T sports car in snow. Rather curious how it'd cope especially launching from traffic lights or making turns.. We'll see.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
I've driven my FRS in Michigan snow for 7 years with Blizzaks with a Manual transmission, I'd go up a gear if in trouble or lower depending..

I've yet to plan on driving the Supra in snow, but I've never driven a RWD A/T sports car in snow. Rather curious how it'd cope especially launching from traffic lights or making turns.. We'll see.
If the transmission starts getting silly just put it in manual. Let it start rolling on it's own from a stop and then apply power.

allenh427

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Are there any good cheap rims that are similar to OEM? I'm struggling to find 19x10s and 19x9s that I could use for the winter. I'm not sure how much using 19x9.5s and 19x8.5s would affect the cars safety systems and handling.

ogun228

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Turbulence gray Premium Supra
I have never understood why car owners store their car(s) in winter when current tech and modern tire and rust prevention are so advanced. Moreover, no one at least in the NE where i live, even thinks abt driving in anything more than 2 in. of snow. Plus the NE and I am sure the MW is prepared for winter unless it is a sudden unpredictable storm.

I have live in the NE for more than 20 years and have found undriveable and/or suddenly impassable roads perhaps 4 or 5 times in that time. In my state of NJ. roads are cleared within 24 hours after every snow storm.

I have not yet found any rational pretense for hibernating a car in today's environment, with less severe winters and at most 2 or 3 snow storms of any consequence per year.

I have always driven my cars all year round with no ill effect(s). I smile through winter with only winter tires and now with the Supra, all seasons Contis.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Beg to differ as climate changes from state to state resulting in f'ed up roads. Come visit MI during February and see, I can't even say 3rd world, 6th 7th world asphalt conditions along with salty roads.... varying sizes of chunks of gravel all over the place meaning many potholes the size of craters that you can't get away from... Plus salt trucks constantly pooring salt in front of you, cars spitting loose gravel, salt, ice, you name it...
So, it's not just about modern tech, even with modern, things rust, squeak, suspensions get looser, etc. Etc...

MCSeverino

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited
I have never understood why car owners store their car(s) in winter when current tech and modern tire and rust prevention are so advanced. Moreover, no one at least in the NE where i live, even thinks abt driving in anything more than 2 in. of snow. Plus the NE and I am sure the MW is prepared for winter unless it is a sudden unpredictable storm.

I have live in the NE for more than 20 years and have found undriveable and/or suddenly impassable roads perhaps 4 or 5 times in that time. In my state of NJ. roads are cleared within 24 hours after every snow storm.

I have not yet found any rational pretense for hibernating a car in today's environment, with less severe winters and at most 2 or 3 snow storms of any consequence per year.

I have always driven my cars all year round with no ill effect(s). I smile through winter with only winter tires and now with the Supra, all seasons Contis.
Salt. Yes, most (if not all) new cars have protective coatings to prevent rust, but they're not perfect and being sand blasted with salt for months on end isn't the best for paint.

Toast

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, GR86
Salt. Yes, most (if not all) new cars have protective coatings to prevent rust, but they're not perfect and being sand blasted with salt for months on end isn't the best for paint.
I cringe for the paint on my winter car every time I pass a county plow that's throwing giant salt and sand granules over both lanes of the road, bouncing them up over my hood.

Azure

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Looking for Supra

do you use Continental DWS in winter on your Supra?
Sponsored