Will the CG Precision DS-1 catted downpipe throw a CEL?

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra (sold), 2023 F150 Tremor
Yes.

Flashed back to stock to prep for a track day and the O2 sensor doesn’t love it. Of course, this is relatively expected as it doesn’t come with a “no CEL” guarantee. But I get asked this all the time. So, here’s the definitive answer.

IMG_9715.jpeg

Despite getting enough pulls in to get logs and dragy slips early on without a CEL, one should not expect to be in the clear just because this has a cat.

I’m not worried about this as I’m just stock for the track day and will flash my tune back afterwards, but again, I get asked this a lot.

Stock vs. CG Precision DS-1 downpipe sounds for reference.
Sponsored

wack

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A90 3.0
Aw man… I just installed mine and was happy about the absence of a CEL. So it’s still throwing a code, even if no CEL? Does that mean a CEL will come on eventually?
I’m mostly concerned about passing inspection.

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ 3.0 Base
Aw man… I just installed mine and was happy about the absence of a CEL. So it’s still throwing a code, even if no CEL? Does that mean a CEL will come on eventually?
I’m mostly concerned about passing inspection.
Yes it will eventually come on. Depending on the type of inspection you have you may be able to just clear the code quickly OR need to install the stock piece and run it until the light cycles off.

Viper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Viper, TRX, M4
I have had mine installed for 1600 miles no light

3literV8Eater

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
I’ve had my DP installed for over 3 thousand miles and never had a check engine light. Should be fine.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
If the CEL is a concern, just get the active autowerke.
lots of brand make claim that it wont trigger the CEL, but if they dont give you a guarantee then they are not 100% confident of their claim
Sponsored