Wind Noise & Buffeting Fixes

65sohc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
65 GTO, 69 Corvette, 65 Corvette 427, 23 Corvette
The color match is not perfect by any means. I'm not really sure anyone has noticed. The buffering noise with the window open went away completely which sort of surprised me. The wind noise with the window closed though is still there.
Do you think they would look better if you just painted them gloss black?
Sponsored

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Someone over the weekend posted on FB a solution which they claim actually works and looks pretty decent...

Here is the link where to purchase these for $9

wind buffeting.jpg

larrymz3

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Someone over the weekend posted on FB a solution which they claim actually works and looks pretty decent...

Here is the link where to purchase these for $9

wind buffeting.jpg
Has anyone actually tried this? I can't imagine it's large enought to break up the flow successfully.

30MilesOffshore

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
@tadda, That's exactly the setup I have been using for a few weeks. It works just fine at cutting down the wind noise. And it actually blends in pretty nice. I don't even see them when I'm walking up to the car or looking at it. I got them off Amazon for $5 for a pack (one pack has 4 of them in there). Check out my pics on page 19 - #278 of this thread.

CantEven_Supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Cayman GT4
@tadda, That's exactly the setup I have been using for a few weeks. It works just fine at cutting down the wind noise. And it actually blends in pretty nice. I don't even see them when I'm walking up to the car or looking at it. I got them off Amazon for $5 for a pack (one pack has 4 of them in there). Check out my pics on page 19 - #278 of this thread.
if you were going to try and put a percentage of reduced noise what would your best guess number be?

30MilesOffshore

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
if you were going to try and put a percentage of reduced noise what would your best guess number be?
I would say the reduction is about 90%. I've been driving around alot lately with the windows down, even on the highways and don't have any issues. I think there are times when my ears are playing tricks on me and I have flashbacks to the buffeting sound but realize that it is just a cross wind coming into the cabin and is gone as quick as it showed up. For $10 you can't beat it, and it actually hides/blends in with the mirror and pillar pretty good.

Last edited:

KeshyMKV

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV Supra - 3.0 Premium (On order)
Vehicle Showcase

AnthonyArcaro

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra MKV
I know there is another topic for this elsewhere on the forums however I did not want this to get lost in the topic. This gained a ton of traction on the Facebook groups so I felt the need to post it here.

I found an extremely cheap fix (comparing to other products on the market) for the wind buffering issue. I used these door guards here on Amazon: Hypersonic Black Car Door Edge... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NCK6STT?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

The finish on these match the gloss black almost perfectly. Each set comes with 4 guards and 2 of them have no logo on them. All you have to do is slightly trim the bottom and stick them on (see photos). A few people also found carbon fiber door guards that worked.

I noticed that it does reduce the noise to nothing however at certain speeds and crosswinds you may hear it at times. But for less than $10... why not?

P.S. I am by no means affiliated with the product makers or any of the related products.

Hope this helps,
Anthony

92A56930-3B15-4ACE-9A8A-0DCDA4D7C093.jpeg

3E363340-06A2-4D32-A810-A0C240B9B2EE.jpeg

psimzia

First Name
Pritesh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV5 Supra 2020, 08 Mustang GT (Steeda Cold Air), Lexus ES350
I know there is another topic for this elsewhere on the forums however I did not want this to get lost in the topic. This gained a ton of traction on the Facebook groups so I felt the need to post it here.

I found an extremely cheap fix (comparing to other products on the market) for the wind buffering issue. I used these door guards here on Amazon: Hypersonic Black Car Door Edge... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NCK6STT?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

The finish on these match the gloss black almost perfectly. Each set comes with 4 guards and 2 of them have no logo on them. All you have to do is slightly trim the bottom and stick them on (see photos). A few people also found carbon fiber door guards that worked.

I noticed that it does reduce the noise to nothing however at certain speeds and crosswinds you may hear it at times. But for less than $10... why not?

P.S. I am by no means affiliated with the product makers or any of the related products.

Hope this helps,
Anthony

92A56930-3B15-4ACE-9A8A-0DCDA4D7C093.jpeg

3E363340-06A2-4D32-A810-A0C240B9B2EE.jpeg
Thank You Anthony:headbang:

Angryjames

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I did it on mine, (the Cheap Amazon way) I would say about 90%, the faster you go the more you notice, I am sure exact placement can become a factor.

For the money, It was well worth it. I have been wanting to cruise around on weekend mornings, and feel the cool air, now I can.

65sohc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
65 GTO, 69 Corvette, 65 Corvette 427, 23 Corvette
I just installed the $9 Hypersonic door edge guards. They transformed the car from having an intolerable amount of wind buffeting to having probably the most pleasant amount of air movement of any car I have ever owned. They are also completely unobtrusive and look like they belong there. There is one interesting caveat, however. With the driver window up and the passenger window down the buffeting, for whatever reason, is just as bad as before. Fortunately I never drive that way so it is of little consequence. Driver down, passenger up is my preferred style. This was possible before if you cracked the passenger window just the right amount which was an irritant. Now it's just driver down and go. Many thanks to CarGuy11.
Sponsored