Window whistling noise

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AW A90
Definitely a possibility, however I haven’t seen anyone else with the same wind deflectors say anything about a whistling noise. So I’m not sure
I have a small whistle type sound after the AMS wings with the windows up so it's probably caused from the new airflow.
Sponsored

Bluemkv

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 91 Wrangler 4.0
Vehicle Showcase
I have a small whistle type sound after the AMS wings with the windows up so it's probably caused from the new airflow.
Do you hear it when the windows are down? Mine is very audible when they’re down

HenryA91

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Refraction Blue A91
Darn well that sucks. I have the Verus wind deflectors and actually didn’t notice the whistling sound until they were installed. Wind buffeting is gone and now I get to hear a whistle :dunno:
same here. I had never noticed the whistling until I installed the Verus deflectors i figured it was due to the new airflow path created. I just turn the music up :dunno:

Jree

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Red 3.0P
I don’t hear whistle but I hear some sort of little air pops from the triangle door piece where it meets the A pillar on the passenger side

aldwin1999

First Name
Aldwin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra 3.0
I’ve been searching the forums for anyone else who noticed this! I first noticed it when I was driving right beside a road barrier. It sounds like a whistling noise, but since then I’ve been paying more attention to the window where it meets the upper door seal - even when motorcycles squeeze past close to the driver side, Its like I can hear it more and checked if the window wasnt fully closed.

I’ve had a roadster with similar frameless windows, but I don’t recall this sort of cabin noise creeping in. I thought maybe my window alignment was off but it seems pretty tight against the seal. I have yet to try applying some rubber conditioner to the seals.
My 2023 sadly has the same exact experience, it was fine for a week then it rained? then all of a sudden I started noticing the whistle/air noise driver side window. I feel like it's just not closed or sealed properly. What did you end up doing? Probably just gonna take it to Toyota.

Motorknut

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra RZ, BMW G20 gone:BMW F30, E85, E46
My 2023 sadly has the same exact experience, it was fine for a week then it rained? then all of a sudden I started noticing the whistle/air noise driver side window. I feel like it's just not closed or sealed properly. What did you end up doing? Probably just gonna take it to Toyota.
The dealer took me on a test drive with a 2.0 unit they had. Exact same whistling noise. So I figured it’s just inherent in the car and left it as is.

Crimzon_Skyz

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV Supra 3.0 Pro
I had a nasty whistle on the drivers side window after installing carbon mirror caps. I initially thought it was due to removing "winged" mirror caps but it turned out i hadn't fully clipped in the mirror cap leaving a 1 - 2mm protrusion. It was extremely hard to notice but after a vigorous push (and a scary sound) I've not heard a whistle since. Maybe just give them a check?

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Solve: Just add a catless downpipe with AWE track exhaust. You won’t hear anything else 😂
Sponsored

Last edited: