Would a intake void the power train warranty?

Vexeclipse2007

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra (future)
I know it doesnt add any performance. I just always owned a car and installed an intake just for the sound. But this is the most expensive car that i have ever owned lol and would hate to void the warranty on just a “sound” ...

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
The consensus here has been NO It will not void Warranty, but if your intake sucks in something it wouldn't have otherwise and damages the turbo they can obviously deny your claim.

In short, it's not guaranteed to retain your Warranty but the associated risk is pretty low compared to mods that actually increase performance.

Reactions: zrk
OP
OP

Vexeclipse2007

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra (future)
That sounds generally right. It's probably also the "least detectable" mod you can do. Reverting to stock is a breeze.

Out of curiosity, which one did you have in mind?
Armaspeed one

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
nothing will void your warranty. A dealer can refuse to do a free repair if they think your mod caused the damage.

I don't see it happening with an air intake, which is why its one of the most popular mods

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
Nothing will void warranty.
If you have an issue with the car and they find out it’s due to an aftermarket part, it then voids warranty.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Just put it on and if shit hits the fan, put the stock intake and box back it, it only takes like 10-15 mins to swap an intake in complete.
Lol, yeah like if your engine seizes and you're stuck on the side of the road and you tell the tow truck driver,

"Hey, don't go to the dealer, swing by my house so I can swap intakes first"

:p

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Lol, yeah like if your engine seizes and you're stuck on the side of the road and you tell the tow truck driver,

"Hey, don't go to the dealer, swing by my house so I can swap intakes first"

:p
LMFAO, just keep the intake in the trunk, don't mind it bouncing off of shit in the trunk. ??

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
I almost had my warranty voided from debris damaging the turbo on a Fiat Abarth. I had an aftermarket intake and wastage plate that I switched back to stock before the visit. Took three weeks to get it fixed arguing with them it was never modified.

kurumi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
I almost had my warranty voided from debris damaging the turbo on a Fiat Abarth. I had an aftermarket intake and wastage plate that I switched back to stock before the visit. Took three weeks to get it fixed arguing with them it was never modified.
The stock wastegate on the Abarth was garbage. I had to get two replaced under warranty. Don't get me started on the crappy stock coil packs too.

I'll skim over the fact that I was swapping ECUs to "keep it stock". They didn't need to know that. :eek:

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
The stock wastegate on the Abarth was garbage. I had to get two replaced under warranty. Don't get me started on the crappy stock coil packs too.

I'll skim over the fact that I was swapping ECUs to "keep it stock". They didn't need to know that. :eek:
I had a piggy back and go pedal on mine.