Wouldnt Rev after starting

Shay

First Name
Shay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Premium White
I wan't to thank KillxPoint for bringing this to our attention and doing a good job of documenting the problem. Any one who watches his and other videos showing the engine failing to respond to the throttle knows this is not normal.

I had the exact same experience the other day. With the car warm from driving that I had just put up on jack stands. I wish I had videoed the lack of throttle response. Someone earlier in this form said it was like being in Limp mode and that is what I thought.

I looked for codes using my OBDlink but there weren't any. I shut the engine off and restarted several times over about 30 minutes and still had the problem. I lowered the car back on the ground and restarted the car and everything was fine.

I thought the computer must of known the tires were off the ground and limited throttle response.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
I wan't to thank KillxPoint for bringing this to our attention and doing a good job of documenting the problem. Any one who watches his and other videos showing the engine failing to respond to the throttle knows this is not normal.

I had the exact same experience the other day. With the car warm from driving that I had just put up on jack stands. I wish I had videoed the lack of throttle response. Someone earlier in this form said it was like being in Limp mode and that is what I thought.

I looked for codes using my OBDlink but there weren't any. I shut the engine off and restarted several times over about 30 minutes and still had the problem. I lowered the car back on the ground and restarted the car and everything was fine.

I thought the computer must of known the tires were off the ground and limited throttle response.
And then as soon as you drove, it went away right? Right?
Working as intended.

OP
OP
KillxPoint

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
A ban would solve people not knowing how their cars work? ?
Wow lol you are still trolling. Oh you didnt hear theres a recall on some of these issues, but i guess since the manual says its normal.

OP
OP
KillxPoint

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase

Anytime man. Dont worry about the trolls in this forum. Even though i dont own the car anymore I still want to make sure others are informed.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Wow lol you are still trolling. Oh you didnt hear theres a recall on some of these issues, but i guess since the manual says its normal.
Really? Replying after 5 months? Bored on the Mopar forums with the other inbred, mullet wearing, shake and bake crowd? Show me that recall on this particular "issue" expert :rofl:

OP
OP
KillxPoint

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
Really? Replying after 5 months? Bored on the Mopar forums with the other inbred, mullet wearing, shake and bake crowd? Show me that recall on this particular "issue" expert :rofl:
Spoken like a true troll. Bye!!!!!!

OP
OP
KillxPoint

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
Further more my supra that toyota bought back was effected by that recall per my vin. Even though specifically it doesnt say anything about loss of power it is a electrical issue and who knows if the 2 are connected. Anyways see you when i see you. 5 months or 5 minutes ?

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD
Further more my supra that toyota bought back was effected by that recall per my vin. Even though specifically it doesnt say anything about loss of power it is a electrical issue and who knows if the 2 are connected. Anyways see you when i see you. 5 months or 5 minutes ?
Just stop engaging with the troll.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lol you're full of shit. None of these links address the loss of power "issue".
It's well documented that it's a common BMW thing, as described in the manual. Go read some BMW forums. It's absolutely normal. But you, you know better. An "expert" that freaked out and sold his car :rofl: